LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the "Ignition Transmission Lock Check" on page 6-11 of the manual? (For M6)

Mine doesn't work the way its stated. I was wondering if others had the same issue. Would someone try it?

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is interesting!

Pontiac told me the manual was wrong. And that you should be able to remove the key in any gear, which is what mine does.

What do you think about that? Yours works, mine doesn't, but yours is wrong and mine is right.

I'm confused.

·
Registered
494 Posts
illuvial said:
That is interesting!

Pontiac told me the manual was wrong. And that you should be able to remove the key in any gear, which is what mine does.

What do you think about that? Yours works, mine doesn't, but yours is wrong and mine is right.

I'm confused.
Who knows? I try to remove my key as little as possible, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd try it if I had my '05 m6 w SLP Bobcat package. Can't unlock the steering wheel/turn the ignition key. Tried both keys, jockeyed the steering wheel, changed CB for "ignition", checked battery OK. It's being moved to Pontiac dealer now.

Had an '04 before and got this one in 2/'05 -- both were trouble free, so can't complain (yet).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts