LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
rice kills
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 M6 with 1000 miles on it. At times I've started to notice (within the last 300 miles or so) the shifter seems excessively notchy or sticky. The condition seems to get better after 10-15 minutes of driving but never completely goes away. Then there is the odd time (every 3rd or 4th time I drive the car) where the shifting is very smooth \ low effort. Is this normal? What would cause this fairly significant fluctuation in shifting effort? I have also noticed an occasional clunk (kinda like it's gonna grind but then goes in, giving a little jerky feedback through the shift handle) when going into third. Any thoughts?

·
Registered Abuser
154 Posts
It Should Smooth Out With More Use. If It Becomes A Real Problem
Take It To The Dealer.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Buy the GMM RIP-SHIFT!:gears: The best thing i ever did to my car! Night and day differrence! You don't relize this to you go back and drive a stocker!

·
Suffers From Small Tires
359 Posts
I agree with above, with 2,200 miles on mine I can feel the shifting is becoming smoother/easier to shift. I still have the stock shifter. At 3k I will most likely change the trans oil to Royal Purple. Most have said this will also make shifting better.

·
06 m6
164 Posts
DBT said:
Buy the GMM RIP-SHIFT!:gears: The best thing i ever did to my car! Night and day differrence! You don't relize this to you go back and drive a stocker!
just bought mine today, traded in the drag bags for it and plus of course.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine felt very similar...very notchy. I had the car tuned at ~3k miles and the skip-shift was removed. It took away all the notchy feeling.

It still has long throws and the gates aren't very precise so I'll be getting the GMM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts