LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car feels stronger with t/c off do others feel the same? Is there some kind of torque management like the a4's ? Also, why would t/c kick me in the foot at 78 mph in 5th gear? Sorry for all the questions , been off for a while.Still love the car at 5000 miles.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
The T/C has a mind of its own. I have felt that pedal push against me in all gears and there's no rhyme or reason when or where it will decide to push against your right foot.

For the first time though last night, I turned it off at a relatively empty section of my neighborhood, revved to about 3500-4000 RPM's, then got off 1st gear and I literally swayed from side to side and felt so much wheel hop then gained traction and slingshot to second in a blink of an eye. Brought tears of joy in my eyes.

Yes, it feels stronger with it off. I am so glad I live where it never snows, never rains, and I can turn the T/C off everyday if I want to.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm working on keeping it off.
The only time I felt the peddle push back on the highway was when the road was wet. The front tires started to hydroplane and stopped (or slowed) spinning. Anytime the front and rear wheels aren't spinning at the same rate the TC will kick in.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
I believe that the T/C pulls timing to choke down the motor and also uses the abs to keep the tires from slipping. So it really is stronger with it off.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx for the input, I just thought it real weird to kick in at that speed as the road was dry. Maybe an unseen oil spot or something ,who knows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts