LS1GTO.com Forums banner

2461 - 2480 of 2504 Posts

·
You build it, I break it!
4,621 Posts
Wow there are still people from Mass in here! I was out with it at Thompson yesterday with COM Sports Car Club. That blue one does look nice!

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
How did you make out at the inspection station this year?

·
4,621 Posts
Havent made it yet. Took the car racing all day at Thompson Saturday, had planned to take it to work on MOnday and go get it inspected and it wouldnt start. So now I am going to have to go take it in and have it fail, but get a sticker so I can drive it around and put miles on it to set the sensors again. I am toying with just taking it off the road and making it a track car completely as this is a pain in the ass....

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
About 2 miles from my house, it's a sharp looking car for sure
Yup, I bought that a week ago. Has some cosmetic problems (paint peeling around door handles, some chips in the paint, paint peeling off SAP lower valence and the seats are fading as well as the rear stitching problem), rear diff has some clunking going on as well.

Nothing that cannot be fixed and the car has zero rust. I have little things coming in to fix it up - lug nut caps, emblems, steering wheel spokes, rear springs, rear valence (thanks spiceredm606!), shifter boot, and it's currently at the body shop getting an estimate to fix the paint peeling issues.

I drove it for a week straight and found the driver door seal leaks. It only leaked when I pressure washed it and I can hear the outside air going by lol.

Various little things that are adding up here and there. I'm very happy with the car overall. It's been 9 years since I've owned one and I dreamed of having another in Impulse blue M6 with the blue interior. Wish it had 18's though :boink:

Gonna make this baby right again! :hbang:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
What town are you in? I'll keep my eyes open for it while I'm out and about
I live in Auburn and work in Worcester.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Anyone local have factory headlamps in decent shape? The aftermarket chrome ones are not my style and I wanna bring this to 100% stock. I have an extra set of stock one that came with the purchase but I think they are beyond saving. The housing has holes in the top plastic housing.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
I have a brand new drivers side OEM light. I’m in Ware. I also have some pretty good plastic repair tools.

Andy Olmsted is selling a stock set of 18s on eBay. Finding a mint set is getting tough.

·
4,621 Posts
Wow lots of local guys. I am in Sutton, I'll be out at Palmer with COMSCC June 2nd and third hitting the road course.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Possibly heading to the Auburn Elks show this Friday
Always a good turnout of cars there. Gets better and better all the time.

I will not be able to make it with the GTO as I was informed by the shop who is doing some paint work and an alignment that it needs a new front passenger control arm and strut. :eek:wned:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think I may still have my original struts. I changed out to coilovers last year. The stock's only had 32,000 miles on them. I can look tonight for you.....

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Spotted a 2004 Cosmos Purple at the Shell station in Auburn MA this morning. You on here?

I wonder if it's the same one my neighbor had but sold not too long ago?

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,475 (Edited)
I've seen a red GTO on rt 109 just east of Rte 495 over the past month. Who be u?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Around 7:50AM I spotted what appeared to be an 05/06? PBM on Auburn street in Auburn right at the 290 on-ramp. I was in my GTO getting on the ramp and it was passing in the opposite direction on Auburn St. We both looked and I waved. You on here?

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Red GTO with black 04 hood parked on Ludlow St in Worcester. You on here?
I drive by that one all the time. I believe that’s a MM CF 04 hood

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
2461 - 2480 of 2504 Posts