LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to stop in and see what was going on in the GTO world. Looks like you guys are where most Mach owners were this time last year.....waiting.

Be careful purchasing over MSRP. A lot of Mach guys did and at the end of the year Ford gave out rebates on the Machs. What was to be a 6500 unit build ended up closer to 9500.

I was looking at the GTO but with the end of year rebates I was able to pick up a Mach 1 for 22,600 and I couldnt pass it up. Sounds like the stock GTO and Mach will be a close race. I am sure we will all see soon!

Now if only Mopar will build a Hemi Dodge Charger. Let the horsepower wars begin again! Did not think I would ever see this day again! Life is good!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
A little friendly competition is what it is all about!! Now we will wait and see how your neighbor CVP33 takes the challenge!!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
529 Posts
03Mach1,

Heh, heh. Virginia Beach IS exactly right next door. There are a ton of Mach 1's and Cobra's in our area. We have a huge military presence in this area with a lot of 20-somethings. Camaro's, T/A's and 'Stangs are everywhere.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CVT 33,

You are right. We are home to many hi po cars in this area. I have been checking Roughton to see when they get a new GTO in. The funny thing with the Mach 1 was all year they were hard to come by. Dealers going over retail and rebates didnt apply. In September I drive down to Freedom to look at the new F 150 and there sits 5 Mach 1's. The guy said rebates apply and I made an offer of invoice less hold back less rebate figuring to be laughed off the lot and I ended up driving the thing home.

With the return of the GTO and the new Cobra and Mach from Ford hopefully Chevy will bring back the Camaro and Mopar will come up with something close to the new Magnum in a coupe years and then we will be right back into 1969 again!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Mach,

I am the first GTO from Roughton, which is now Perry Pontiac. Their first order was pushed back beind mine and I have confirmed that mine is in fact built. Now where it is, is the real question. I went to ALL the local Pontiac Dealers and Perry was the ONLY one that would deal with me.

Since you're a local you'll appreciate this. My buddy drives a Mustang GT and is itching for me to race him in my GTO when it arrives. As I have stated I do not street race and no matter how clear you think a certain road is, it's only a matter of time before it bites you.

Guess where my buddy wanted to race me? Ferrell Parkway. The same place where that kid was killed this weekend when his car left the road and hit a tree at over 90 mph. It's never worth it. Not for pride, not for fun and certainly not on a city street.

·
Registered
429 Posts
ive seen alot of sneeky bs in my day at the track i had a bone stock gn run well we wont get in to that/// ? /??. low 13s high 12s for a stock programed /exhaust and so on mach 1 makes it one of the fastest cars in muscle car history by the way how much hp do they make at the wheels or motor??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most of the guys on the Mach 1 site are reporting dynos out of the box at about 270 rwhp and 295 rwtq give or take a bit. Factory rated at 305 HP but I think it is closer to 320.

I think 13.20's showroom stock are not out of the question and a couple guys are calling out as low as 12.88 on LS1.com......I know Mustang Monthly clocked a 0 to 60 time of 4.7 seconds though I think that is a little low.

I think it has to be one of the fastest non blown Fords to date. I know my Mach will run circles around my old Mopar 440 GTX.

As for the racing I agree with CVP 33. I am a paramedic here and have seen a few bad wrecks lately. Street racing is not worth it. We just had a Mustang and a Camaro race out here and they got sideways and hit and injured several people. A Corvette flipped and exploded last week killing the driver and a Ricer died on Ferrell Prky.

These new cars have some awesome speed. The Machs, the LS1's, the Cobras they are all getting too quick to run hard on the streets. I dont want to see the insurance companies and feds step in again to kill muscle cars like they did in the 70's.

·
Banned
9,432 Posts
Smitty's05GTO said:
welcome to the site :)
Your signature is the only reason we should put up with this grave digging!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Havent posted here in quite awhile..imagine my surprise when I got an e mail about one of my posts being replied to.....was that over two years ago? Man how time flies!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.