LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
cardomain.com/ride/218489 0
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my stock internal heads and cam engine reassembled after adding a new valve train, as well as larger injectors and a FAST 90mm manifold and throttle body. I'm seeing a MAF code that won't clear even after swapping in what I knew was a good MAF to test the system.

We checked the MAF wiring and the voltage was right, but we trouble shot the wiring arrangement anyway to see if it was hooked up wrong and that doesn't seem to be the cause.

The PCM could be at fault but it exhibits no other signs of issues aside from this one code that won't clear. According to All Data, this code may have something to do with excessive amounts of air through the MAF? Could this be a normal reaction to the mods?

If I can't fix this, I'll need to tune in speed density mode, which I didn't want to have to do.

Any thoughts?

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Rhino74 said:
If I can't fix this, I'll need to tune in speed density mode, which I didn't want to have to do.

Any thoughts?
Speed density isn't so bad, especially since you have the 90mm setup. Make your own 90mm/4" intake setup.

·
cardomain.com/ride/218489 0
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I do go Mafless, who makes a good intake tube to use with the 90mm FAST throttle Body.

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Rhino74 said:
If I do go Mafless, who makes a good intake tube to use with the 90mm FAST throttle Body.
For my 2004 FAST 90mm setup I used a 2005-2006 LPE filter/pannel setup, aluminum 4" tubbing to a 90* rubber to the TB.

I use to have a 2004 LPE intake and that tube fit snug on the Nick Williams 90mm TB (Still ran LS1 MAF at that time).

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Rhino74 said:
For my 2004 FAST 90mm setup I used a 2005-2006 LPE filter/pannel setup, aluminum 4" tubbing to a 90* rubber elbow to the TB.

I use to have a 2004 LPE intake and that tube fit snug on the Nick Williams 90mm TB (Still ran LS1 MAF at that time).

Intakehoses has a short radius that I might try instead of the regular 90* elbow

·
GM World Class Technician
208 Posts
Mine kept throwing this after installing my cam. I let my tuner know this and he said there is a table in HPTuners that you can adjust for this. He adjusted it while tuning the car and I haven't had it reappear since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts