LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've seen that the 2650 doesn't fit under the stock hood. I can't find the specs on the 2300 but I found the 2650. Is it the top plate, throttle body opening or something else? How much taller is it? Other than a different hood has any other workaround been made (lower motor mounts, different oil pan, etc.).

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
I dont think anyone has made a 2650 fit. You could do lower engine mounts and space the front subframe but thats the only way that i know. Everything on it is larger dimensionally.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been trying to find the dimensions for the 2300 with no luck. This is the 2650.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Height might be good with an aftermarket or no strut brace. I would guess length is going to be the biggest issue with the throttlebody.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If it's anywhere close to the Boostdistrict 2650 then it's not even close to clearing as I understand it. LSAs barely clear with notching the hood support and lowering mounts and the 2650 is supposed to be a good bit taller.

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
~10in off the valley plate to the top of the case. Pretty much right under the stock strut bar.

Idk if these help. My front crossover line rubs the hood though and you can see the duspeed does as well. Id just get a vfn (like i am now) and run the 2650.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
I want to replace my 2300 with a 2650, mod my banshee hood with some sort of raised section in the center for the additional clearance.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
530 Posts
Not a 2650 with a BD LSA ZL-1lid lower motor mounts and lid milled
true but a 2650 will be sticking out way more than that. Come to think of it I seen a YouTube video with a 2650 gto with the hoodcut for clearance. Not my cup of tea but it works.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
530 Posts
The one I seen the guy just hacked out a large rectangle on the hood. If I find it again I’ll post it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts