LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in here modify their Volant intake box to fit with the maggie???

·
GTO no more baaah!
1,150 Posts
They used my car to measure for a tube. I never heard back from them.
Which reminds me of a company that owes me an intake...

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know how everything would look at fitment time, but how does it not fit?? Is the maggie tube too short to reach the Volant box?? In this case, a quick trip to Home Depot would take care of that. Let me know how it won't fit.

·
GTO no more baaah!
1,150 Posts
The tube is way too short. The Maggie tube tapers down to fit over the pulleys and under the hood to the stock box, as you know. The Volant box looked nice but the mounting holes were also drilled in the completely wrong spots on the bottom. Their quality control on the hole-driller leaves a lot to be desired. Some members have stated theirs didn't have ANY holes drilled in them.

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GMinTheDriveway said:
The tube is way too short. The Maggie tube tapers down to fit over the pulleys and under the hood to the stock box, as you know. The Volant box looked nice but the mounting holes were also drilled in the completely wrong spots on the bottom. Their quality control on the hole-driller leaves a lot to be desired. Some members have stated theirs didn't have ANY holes drilled in them.

Interesting about the holes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Install on my volant went very well...Holes were pre-drilled
correctly. They must have gotten it tight with time and
feedback from customers. Doesn't excuse not getting it right the first time though.

·
I break stuff!!!
2,620 Posts
ask apfu, I think hes got one set up on his.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I had to order an elbow for the maggie end of the tube before I can put it on correctly. Mounting holes were fine but couldn't get the tube alligned without some mods. A search didn't turn up any pics for a Volant and maggie install. Did any of you guys take pics?

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
24v said:
Bring it by here one day Frank. We can make it fit.:burnout:

I might have to do that. Bust out your sawzall and go to town, holy shit, remember? That was scary shit:gr_jest:

·
Registered
467 Posts
REDGLOW360 said:
ask apfu, I think hes got one set up on his.
I'm running the volant with the maggie. I am not 100% happy with it yet, but I'm still working on it. First thing I used was a ghetto, DIY, home depot job with a piece of PVC to extend the maggie pipe to reach the Volant. However, the belt pulley was contacting the intake tube and actually wore through one of the clamps, so that aint gonna work. I took another stab at it and replaced the pvc with a hacked up version of the Volant intake tube. Basically I shortened the volant tube to line up with the maggie intake tube, and used the "notch" in the back of the volant tube to give the clearance from the pulley. I'm still getting the occasional contact on the tube from the pulley but I think a couple shims under the volant to tilt it a hair forward will do the trick. I planned on playing around with it a little more this week, so I'll let you know.

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Apfu said:
I'm running the volant with the maggie. I am not 100% happy with it yet, but I'm still working on it. First thing I used was a ghetto, DIY, home depot job with a piece of PVC to extend the maggie pipe to reach the Volant. However, the belt pulley was contacting the intake tube and actually wore through one of the clamps, so that aint gonna work. I took another stab at it and replaced the pvc with a hacked up version of the Volant intake tube. Basically I shortened the volant tube to line up with the maggie intake tube, and used the "notch" in the back of the volant tube to give the clearance from the pulley. I'm still getting the occasional contact on the tube from the pulley but I think a couple shims under the volant to tilt it a hair forward will do the trick. I planned on playing around with it a little more this week, so I'll let you know.

Thanks, much appreciated. I like the Volant kit, so I am going to do everything I can to make it work. I am getting it for free, so it WILL work:)

·
Slow LS2
974 Posts
Rolencode GTO said:
I am getting it for free
Maybe!! who here has some knee pads for Frank?:bootyshak

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE!!! Volant and maggie combined!!

Phantom06 said:
Maybe!! who here has some knee pads for Frank?:bootyshak

Too late dkhead, it's already on my car and your little bro even helped me:gr_jest:

Anyway, I got the Volant kit to fit with the maggie tube. I cut the Volant tube and made everything fit. Looks pretty sweet. Blower is louder too!! I will be at Magnaflow tomorrow, so if you wanna see the Volant/maggie set up, just hit me up:)

·
Slow LS2
974 Posts
Rolencode GTO said:
Too late dkhead, it's already on my car and your little bro even helped me:gr_jest:

Anyway, I got the Volant kit to fit with the maggie tube. I cut the Volant tube and made everything fit. Looks pretty sweet. Blower is louder too!! I will be at Magnaflow tomorrow, so if you wanna see the Volant/maggie set up, just hit me up:)
Cool!! cant wait to see it!! The propper thing to do would be to post some pics!!:fawkdance

·
Bye Bye Goat..It's Been Fun
3,934 Posts
Phantom06 said:
Cool!! cant wait to see it!! The propper thing to do would be to post some pics!!:fawkdance
Oh, we will post pics don't worry.

Which way were we going to cut Beto's car with the sawzall Ponch?

·
Slow LS2
974 Posts
24v said:
Oh, we will post pics don't worry.

Cool, it'll be lighter!! weight reduction will make it faster, cut holes in the chassis for me too!!

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
24v said:

We'll figure it out when we get a hold of it:) BTW, you have any new blades:gr_jest:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts