LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting around to reinstalling the engine covers, but they don't snap onto the new fuel rails. Besides trimming the covers how did you get the covers to stay put on the engine? :confused:

·
[email protected] TX muscle cars.
6,472 Posts
well you know you have to trim alot off to get them to fit down right,,,,after i trimedthem dowm they didnt snap back opn the fuel rails the rails are to big, so i drilled a small hole on the bottom side of the covers and zipp tied them to the fuel rails ...worked perfect, and you cant see the zip tie, but you must trim the covers like the picture in the instructions say to , its alot to trim off

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
firefly9r68 said:
well you know you have to trim alot off to get them to fit down right,,,,after i trimedthem dowm they didnt snap back opn the fuel rails the rails are to big, so i drilled a small hole on the bottom side of the covers and zipp tied them to the fuel rails ...worked perfect, and you cant see the zip tie, but you must trim the covers like the picture in the instructions say to , its alot to trim off

OK, thanks for the info. The trimming is done, just have to drill the holes now. The Maggie directions led me to beleive that after trimming they just snapped back into place.

·
Maggie Powered
327 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts