LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Moderhatin'
Joined
·
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interisted in getting a maggie for my 06 M6 and was wondering what kind of numbers do you guys put up: Dyno, track, etc...? How does this compair to the others options that are available procharger, harrops, turbo's. I just want that i am making a sound decision with going with the maggie. Let me know what kind of mod you are running so that i have a chance to compare overall setups if its not posted in your sig.

Thanks,
GTO THUNDER
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,492 Posts
GTO THUNDER said:
I am interisted in getting a maggie for my 06 M6 and was wondering what kind of numbers do you guys put up: Dyno, track, etc...? How does this compair to the others options that are available procharger, harrops, turbo's. I just want that i am making a sound decision with going with the maggie. Let me know what kind of mod you are running so that i have a chance to compare overall setups if its not posted in your sig.

Thanks,
GTO THUNDER
I just posted my dyno numbers under the Maggie cam thread...Frank:)
 

·
Blown By Maggie
Joined
·
2,443 Posts
GTO THUNDER said:
I am interisted in getting a maggie for my 06 M6 and was wondering what kind of numbers do you guys put up: Dyno, track, etc...? How does this compair to the others options that are available procharger, harrops, turbo's. I just want that i am making a sound decision with going with the maggie. Let me know what kind of mod you are running so that i have a chance to compare overall setups if its not posted in your sig.

Thanks,
GTO THUNDER
The best part is that there are a bunch of options out there. People have gotten great results with the mods you have listed above. Do searches on this forum and ask questions and find a good shop that has tuned our cars and has a good rep. I went with the MAGGIE and have gotten everything I wanted and more. It was a pretty striaght forward install my buddy and myself did it. Plus save about 1K doing it. Turbo's, Superchargers and even CAM/Head/Exhaust upgrade really compliment our cars.

My Dyno numbers are in my Upgrades list below. My best track time is 11.89/1.69/118. One thing that you will have to deal with after you mod your car is TRACTION. Drag Bags work well but the key is to get more rubber under the car.

DYNO numbers are nice but alot of people miss the point, A DYNO is a tunning tool. High numbers are normally a sign of a good tune. Dont get so hooked on the HP numbers worry more about Air/Fuel. Just my .2

Good luck and keep us all posted.
 

·
GTO no more baaah!
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
I went with maggie because it is a straight-forward install that can be done by one person (tho recommended to have a friend just for actually mounting it on the motor) with simple hand tools.
I have never worked on a car before, just recently learning how to change my own oil and I installed it myself, in my driveway.

It may not have the highest potential as far as 1/4 mile times and blowing your rods through the block, but as a daily or driver it is a lot of fun and doesn't waste gas like a high-powered head/cam setup usually does.
 

·
10 Second N/A Club
Joined
·
5,542 Posts
mdmike said:
The best part is that there are a bunch of options out there. People have gotten great results with all that you have listed above. Do searches on this forum and ask questions and find a good shop that has done our cars and has a good rep. I went with the MAGGIE and have gotten everything I wanted and more. Turbo's, Superchargers and even CAM/Head/Exhaust upgrade really compliment our cars.

My Dyno numbers are in my Upgrades list below. My best track time is 11.89/1.69/118. One thing that you will have to deal with after you mod your car is TRACTION. Drag Bags work well but the key is to get more rubber under the car.

DYNO numbers are nice but alot of people miss the point, A DYNO is a tunning tool. High numbers are normally a sign of a good tune. Dont get so hooked on the HP numbers worry more about Air/Fuel. Just my .2

Good luck and keep us all posted.
What percentage of hp is lost to drive the maggie itself? 15-20 %??
 

·
10 Second N/A Club
Joined
·
5,542 Posts
My First GTO said:
Bruce JUST BUY One...LOL...Frank:)

No thanks...I will just see you at the track and in my rearview Mirror LOL...Cause you will spinningn those skins up
 

·
Here for a while
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
GTO THUNDER said:
I am interisted in getting a maggie for my 06 M6 and was wondering what kind of numbers do you guys put up: Dyno, track, etc...? How does this compair to the others options that are available procharger, harrops, turbo's. I just want that i am making a sound decision with going with the maggie. Let me know what kind of mod you are running so that i have a chance to compare overall setups if its not posted in your sig.

Thanks,
GTO THUNDER

You can expect numbers ranging in 465-485 depending on the dyno. Just remember that there are NO TWO DYNOS that will give you matching numbers.

Let me know when you are ready!
 

·
Moderhatin'
Joined
·
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blown,

Mentally, spiritually, and physically i am ready now. Financially i an a few dollars short. I know you got the best prices and plan on contacting you when i am ready. Unless you have payment plans. J/J
 

·
XBOX LIVE TAG = GTO2006
Joined
·
427 Posts
JETNITRO said:
What percentage of hp is lost to drive the maggie itself? 15-20 %??

HUH? Are you asking how much hp does it take to turn the SC? I don't know about maggies but i have talked with some other supercharger companies and they say that the SC only takes 1/4 hp to turn them. So basically you wouldn't be loosing anything noticable just to turn the charger. If thats what you mean. I'm sure the maggie is close to the 1/4 hp loss like the other superchargers.
 

·
It's simple physics
Joined
·
3,733 Posts
My math and experience with other blowers says at full by pass on the magnacharger it should be costing about .5 to 1 rwhp to turn the blower. That's not bad as parasitic losses go. If you're talking about how much it robs when you're under WOT, that's kind of academic, as you can see the overall gain at the rear wheels.

LR
 

·
10 Second N/A Club
Joined
·
5,542 Posts
So if your putting out 500hp to the rear wheels then would it be fair to say if its 1/4 or 20% is lost at wot Then it would be like having 400+ to the ground? When comparing to an Naturally Asperated car?
 

·
10 Second N/A Club
Joined
·
5,542 Posts
Magnified said:
My math and experience with other blowers says at full by pass on the magnacharger it should be costing about .5 to 1 rwhp to turn the blower. That's not bad as parasitic losses go. If you're talking about how much it robs when you're under WOT, that's kind of academic, as you can see the overall gain at the rear wheels.

LR

Can you clarify a little more ....when you say .5 to 1 rwhp to turn the blower. what do you mean. I thought after speaking with a few people like over a year ago on this maggie subject they had said what ever your rwhp is 20-30 percent of that is lost do to what it takes to run the maggie.

If that is the case it kinda makes sense to me seing most of the times posted on the board with a few exceptions.:) Speaking of times on the board I really don't see to many 1/4 results. Maybe Tuning issue's?


Can't wait till lanse gets his turbo redone over and I can go for a spin. Frank we can see who will run quicker....I think I will be in your guys rearview mirror this time...LOL:patriot:
 

·
ohios 1st N only 9 second GTO
Joined
·
437 Posts
:patriot: hello,ok say im going to build the bottom end over the winter my car has went the best of 11.71 at 120mph pulling a pathetic 1.9 60ft,i want this car in high 9s.i am going to access the traction as my car should dip into high 10s now,what is the maggie capiable of makin as far as hp and tq.with say a 9to1 ls2?thanks RC..PS pigs dont fly but my goat is going too...
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
rcsfastmonte said:
:patriot: hello,ok say im going to build the bottom end over the winter my car has went the best of 11.71 at 120mph pulling a pathetic 1.9 60ft,i want this car in high 9s.i am going to access the traction as my car should dip into high 10s now,what is the maggie capiable of makin as far as hp and tq.with say a 9to1 ls2?thanks RC..PS pigs dont fly but my goat is going too...
your not gonna go into the 9's on a maggie w/o spraying at least 100shot on top of it.

i dont see the maggie capable of making much over 550rwhp on its own and thats even a stretch. 9's will require ~700rwhp in this car.
 

·
Bye Bye Goat..It's Been Fun
Joined
·
3,934 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
i dont see the maggie capable of making much over 550rwhp on its own and thats even a stretch.
With the correct pulley setup, heads, cam, headers, intake system, etc. the Maggie is perfectly capable of making 550 to the wheels. It has been done. or real close.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top