LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to make the plunge but i was wanting to know where the hood hits the maggie and how much i need to cut out. just a rough diameter.
also should i maybe go with a 90 mm tb thank's

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Don't think theirs a 90mm tb that fits LS1/6 manifold. Most of the aftermarket ones are 80 something mil.

edit: unless the maggie can use a FAST tb or LS2 which I don't think its set up for.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have an a/4 with the Magnuson s/c and I did not have to cut any of the hood. A small section of the underhood insulation was cut away to clear the front of the s/c , the tb and the pulley, and then some areas (three) of the inner panel of the stock hood got whacked by me where there was contact, which showed up after driving. Good template by making some hard pulls. This contact may be where there is a circular part of the inner panel that is about an inch below the outside sheet metal. No big deal on mine. Just used a ball pein hammer, some sand paper and some black paint. No dents or damage on the outside, no contact on the inside.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought i read some threads that said part of the frame of the hood had to be cut to install the maggie maybe i read it wrong anyway thats kool thanks for the input

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
gtols2 said:
I thought i read some threads that said part of the frame of the hood had to be cut to install the maggie maybe i read it wrong anyway thats kool thanks for the input
I will get a pic later today if I can........the insulater had to be cut plus it still rubs in a couple places....

·
Registered
42 Posts
The m6 will hit on the brace around the circle in the center of the hood.I put duct tape on it and where the charger hit the tape while running I used a 5/16 drill to put hole in the brace where it hit.Looks neater than hitting with a hammer to dent it AND after driven for awhile the tape will wear in the exact spot you need to drill the hole.I will be trimming the hood insulation soon and reinstall same to reduce the underhood noise or echo that resonates.Other than that the fit is super and neat

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
scheer said:
The m6 will hit on the brace around the circle in the center of the hood.I put duct tape on it and where the charger hit the tape while running I used a 5/16 drill to put hole in the brace where it hit.Looks neater than hitting with a hammer to dent it AND after driven for awhile the tape will wear in the exact spot you need to drill the hole.I will be trimming the hood insulation soon and reinstall same to reduce the underhood noise or echo that resonates.Other than that the fit is super and neat
Mine is an A4 btw and it hits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts