LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
phobos512 said:
The coolant tank has changed from transparent to black plastic? Anyone know why?

This coolant tank is for the intercooler. The stock overflow tank is still in it's factory location.

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Yeah but the coolant tank on Howies prototype was clear like the overflow tank. It kind of balanced both sides of the engine because they matched. The black looks ok as well. I just saw the one Mike Norris is putting on mine tomorrow and its black.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wavydavy GTO said:
Yeah but the coolant tank on Howies prototype was clear like the overflow tank. It kind of balanced both sides of the engine because they matched. The black looks ok as well. I just saw the one Mike Norris is putting on mine tomorrow and its black.

Yes that might have been the case on the prototype. The black tanks are what Magna Charger uses on there kits. Hope you like the kit that Mike Norris puts on your car.

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
I'm sure I will, I'm dropping it off tonight. Can't wait.

·
Registered
593 Posts
My intercooler tank is black, production vs prototype, and looks great with logo. Matches the battery.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
HPSpeed&Marine said:
HERE ARE THE FIRST PICTURES OF THE MAGNA CHARGER SILVER GTO SUPERCHARGER KIT INSTALLED BY HORSEPOWER SPEED AND MARINE.

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these kinds of threads are bad for my health

·
Registered
856 Posts
I can't stop looking at these pictures...someone take this thread down.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Unreal!!! Someone send me money NOW!!!

I need to be on top of these things. :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
HP, did you install the sc on a stock motor. If so have you dyno'ed to see how much horse power gain you picked up. I have read most people picked up about 100 rwhp. I spoke with dan @ arrowhead and he said they picked up about 159 rwhp.

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
I spoke with a customer that installed one of these a few weeks ago. He saw about 134hp from the kit. The black tanks look pretty good! :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
I saw and am getting a 160 rwhp increase. 100% stock except K&N panel filter and CS Pipe on during baseline, K&N and latest Magnuson tune on during the 422 run. The intake pipe is replaced in the MagnaCharger kit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
thanks guys. I ordered mine yesterday from tbyrne. Can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Georgia Goat said:
HP, did you install the sc on a stock motor. If so have you dyno'ed to see how much horse power gain you picked up. I have read most people picked up about 100 rwhp. I spoke with dan @ arrowhead and he said they picked up about 159 rwhp.

No we didn't get to dyno the gto. We were in the way of a hurricane last week when we finished the car. The customer picked up his car to hide it from the STORM! It's supposed to come back for a shift kit this week. Maybe then we can dyno it.

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
I love how beautifully that thing rests between the FRCs...
Anyone know what effects this has on highway fuel economy? Just curious...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts