LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes GTO will be "hopefully" here in 2 weeks, I have it scheduled to goto the local magna charger installer here in charlotte straight from the dealer.

I figure since they are tuning it with my ls1edit, that I might as well get anything else now and save tuning later.

Does anyone have any info on headers ( which ever length would work best with a blower ) and catbacks for the GTO that would go well with the blower?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
kick_*ss said:
My wifes GTO will be "hopefully" here in 2 weeks, I have it scheduled to goto the local magna charger installer here in charlotte straight from the dealer.

I figure since they are tuning it with my ls1edit, that I might as well get anything else now and save tuning later.

Does anyone have any info on headers ( which ever length would work best with a blower ) and catbacks for the GTO that would go well with the blower?
Are you in Charlotte, NC? Who is doing the car for you? I'm over by Chimney Rock. You may see torric_nc post here a lot; he is in Charlotte NC. Good luck with the car and the two weeks. Had mine since late Feb. and luv it.
Mine a M6, what about yours, I mean you wife's car. lol :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are up in Concord next to lowes motor speedway. I am having the magna charger put in by More performance. Heard some good stuff about them and bad stuff.
Her's is an A4, since I tune my SS, and will have the license for the ls1edit for the gto, I will be able to play with the a4 stuff more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
I really look forward to hearing your results about the install and performance gain AND how you like More Performance.

They were recommended to me by a friend and I am considering having them install a Magnacharger on my car this fall.

Jim
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
kick_*ss said:
Still waiting :banghead:
With all the price cuts and sales, I plan to make this dealers worst sales nightmare.
any new info yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YES!!!
Picking her up tonight, ITS FINALLY HERE !!!!!!
Called More Performance and ordering the kit tomorrow morning and scheduling it in the shop on Sept 8th :)

If you have a dyno chart OTHER then what is on the magna charger site that would be great.

Anyone also put headers or new catback on yet?
 

·
Feynman fan
Joined
·
2,336 Posts
swing's goat said:
Kickin back in salisbury would like to hear the results on the magna charger.
Yet another NC Goat? Cool.
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
Headers, I would only go with Long Tubes. I think Shorties are a waste of time and effort unless you're running WOT with the NASCAR boys on Sunday. No offense to those that have them, mind you.

Cat-Backs, none are actually out on the market yet. Right now it's "make your own" time. SLP and Borla will have theirs out soon though. Many, including myself have just replaced the mufflers with another brand (MagnaFlow in my case) but we are still using the stock tubing which is the cork in the system, not the mufflers really.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
504 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Headers, I would only go with Long Tubes. I think Shorties are a waste of time and effort unless you're running WOT with the NASCAR boys on Sunday. No offense to those that have them, mind you.

Cat-Backs, none are actually out on the market yet. Right now it's "make your own" time. SLP and Borla will have theirs out soon though. Many, including myself have just replaced the mufflers with another brand (MagnaFlow in my case) but we are still using the stock tubing which is the cork in the system, not the mufflers really.

We've been selling cat-back and manifold back systems for a while now. Both use a real muffler custom made to fit the GTO.
 

·
Gone but not forgotten
Joined
·
4,672 Posts
Howie said:
We've been selling cat-back and manifold back systems for a while now. Both use a real muffler custom made to fit the GTO.
howie, when will your site be FULLY functional? i think that many of us (myself included) dont really know what AP has to offer, b/c the website is pretty limited.
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
Sorry, I forgot about the Spin-Tech.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
kick_*ss said:
YES!!!
Picking her up tonight, ITS FINALLY HERE !!!!!!
Called More Performance and ordering the kit tomorrow morning and scheduling it in the shop on Sept 8th :)

If you have a dyno chart OTHER then what is on the magna charger site that would be great.

Anyone also put headers or new catback on yet?
I have the borla. It sounds nice but still quiet. I didn't gain much. Maybe 5 hp but you'll gain more with your blower. Good luck on the toy enhancers.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top