LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a fun weekend at the Hotchkis Track Day, I was ale to get a time table from Magnuson on the GTO Radix supercharger kit. I'm now taking orders on the kit which should ship the first or second week of June.

Pictured is the test unit we where working on a while back. The production unit is being installed on our GTO this week.

To answer few few questions:
1. It will fit under the stock hood and strut tower brace.

2. It is intercooled.

3. Comes with a 3 year/ 36k mile drivetrain warranty.

4. Changing the pulley to increase boost WILL void the warranty.

5. Unit will produce 6.5 lbs of boost and should net around 100hp increase. Official dyno numbers will be coming once the production unit is on and test on our GTO.

6. You will have to trim your fuel rail cover to get the blower to fit in between them as in the picture.

7. Yes, you'll no longer be afraid to pull up next to a Cobra! :D

Prices:
Magnacharger Radix intercooled supercharger
Satin silver finish: $5795
Polished (looks chrome see pic): $6795

Contact me with any more questions or to order. Thanks!!

 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,327 Posts
Sounds great, and a pretty good price, but... I wonder how our driveshafts/rear end will hold up under that type of boost? I want to upgrade that first.
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
Howie said:
After a fun weekend at the Hotchkis Track Day, I was ale to get a time table from Magnuson on the GTO Radix supercharger kit. I'm now taking orders on the kit which should ship the first or second week of June.

Pictured is the test unit we where working on a while back. The production unit is being installed on our GTO this week.

To answer few few questions:
1. It will fit under the stock hood and strut tower brace.

2. It is intercooled.

3. Comes with a 3 year/ 36k mile drivetrain warranty.

4. Changing the pulley to increase boost WILL void the warranty.

5. Unit will produce 6.5 lbs of boost and should net around 100hp increase. Official dyno numbers will be coming once the production unit is on and test on our GTO.

6. You will have to trim your fuel rail cover to get the blower to fit in between them as in the picture.

7. Yes, you'll no longer be afraid to pull up next to a Cobra! :D

Prices:
Magnacharger Radix intercooled supercharger
Satin silver finish: $5795
Polished (looks chrome see pic): $6795

Contact me with any more questions or to order. Thanks!!


Oh wow......hmmm thats gonna be hard to resist......Should we modify our rear-ends or other stuff before getting that? I don't think that is an install I could do either.......Howie will it work as far as space goes with the hood you guys are working on? Any new on that?
:thumbs:
:slap: Guess I better actually start working more during the day to pay for these new toys.... :bubbrub
but I am addicted to this website its called......ls1gto.com :drink:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The blower will work with our hood and our air box. News on the hood is coming very shortly. Hopefully tomorrow!
 

·
Feynman fan
Joined
·
2,336 Posts
I like it very much, Howie! I really wanna see dyno numbers! I'm hoping the torque curve looks similar to the stock curve except arching slightly higher as it goes through mid-range and into the upper band so that the HP curve is very smooth but just steeper. That would be ideal, I think, given the nature of the stock engine and the way I personally drive my car (which also goes a long way towards being nice to my drivetrain, too, I believe...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Howie, What if any are the changes to the fuel curve? Is there a computer reprogram required or just a boost in fuel pressure?
 

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
Joined
·
14,481 Posts
4. Changing the pulley to increase boost WILL void the warranty.

Hey Howie,

What about changing the pulley for the look of a smaller pulley? I promise that I won't make more boost. :p

I may be talking to ya in the fall... Nice looking machine you have there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
How much installed????
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sGTO-6453 said:
Howie, What if any are the changes to the fuel curve? Is there a computer reprogram required or just a boost in fuel pressure?
System comes with a new programmer for the cpu and new fuel management system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
I'll have a tough time deciding between heads and cam or a SC. Seriously, how much do you anticipate for the install job?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dryheat said:
I'll have a tough time deciding between heads and cam or a SC. Seriously, how much do you anticipate for the install job?
Initial install pricing is $550. Keep in mind you'll still have the security of a powertrain warranty with the Magnacharger.

Offiicial dyno #'s coming soon!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top