LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read all these threads with Magnacharged Goats putting down over 400 rwhp, but not many that have run them at the track. I know there seems to be an issue with heat soak, and have heard some Magnacharged Goats are only running 100 mph or so in the quarter.

So to those with Magnuson blowers on your GTO, what have you run at the track?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm going to the track next Friday night and we will see. If the times that have been posted seem slow I would think it would be because of wheel spin. I know my car with the sc will light the tires at will and it wouldn't before the sc.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Take some ice cubes. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Georgia Goat said:
I'm going to the track next Friday night and we will see. If the times that have been posted seem slow I would think it would be because of wheel spin. I know my car with the sc will light the tires at will and it wouldn't before the sc.
Wheelspin can explain the poor e.t., but not the poor mph. I'd think with 400 hp at the wheels, blown goats should be trapping 110 mph on the low side and 115 mph on the high side. 100 mph is nowhere close.

·
Registered
662 Posts
100 -Come on, I ran 103 - 13.5 in my 2k1 SS with just free mods and slp airbox. And my SS vert weighs about the same as a goat ( sad but true our goats more more like mooses )

This is the reason I got an A4 so I could fine tune the 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd shifts. I can tell you that I know I will have to work on the launches ( wife too ). I accidentally broke lose going through an intersection just punching it to get out of the way of another car. Puppies just lit right up in 1st and 2nd.

I ran the virtual dragstrip and yes at 400+ rwhp with 3775 weight we "should" be able to hit 12.3 at 115mph.

Since I am not Kenny Bernstein or Don Prudhomme that aint gonna happen. I would like to just to break into the 12s on street tires and I would leave there happy.

Maybe in 2-3 years with new heads and cam 11s :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here is my best time as of now. Friday night at Silver Dollar Raceway in GA.
60ft-2.0

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
kick_*ss said:
100 -Come on, I ran 103 - 13.5 in my 2k1 SS with just free mods and slp airbox. And my SS vert weighs about the same as a goat ( sad but true our goats more more like mooses )

This is the reason I got an A4 so I could fine tune the 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd shifts. I can tell you that I know I will have to work on the launches ( wife too ). I accidentally broke lose going through an intersection just punching it to get out of the way of another car. Puppies just lit right up in 1st and 2nd.

I ran the virtual dragstrip and yes at 400+ rwhp with 3775 weight we "should" be able to hit 12.3 at 115mph.

Since I am not Kenny Bernstein or Don Prudhomme that aint gonna happen. I would like to just to break into the 12s on street tires and I would leave there happy.

Maybe in 2-3 years with new heads and cam 11s :D
You need to check that weight. My car with me in it checked in at 3855. Car with me (180lbs) and no spare, jack, or wheel chalks.

Doc

·
Registered
662 Posts
Doc GTO said:
You need to check that weight. My car with me in it checked in at 3855. Car with me (180lbs) and no spare, javk, or wheel chalks.

Doc
Just going by what kbb says - Curb Weight 3725 lbs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Georgia Goat said:
Here is my best time as of now. Friday night at Silver Dollar Raceway in GA.
60ft-2.0
That seems in line with what other Magnacharged goats are running. Is it just me, or should 400-plus rwhp be good for more than 104 mph in the quarter?

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
RedGoat said:
That seems in line with what other Magnacharged goats are running. Is it just me, or should 400-plus rwhp be good for more than 104 mph in the quarter?
we are having some issues with the heat soak.....I think there is more to be had, it will just take some fine tuning.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
nikivee said:
Something is wrong for sure. I don't know what though.
yep, I ran a [email protected] in my bone stock m6 last Sat. A S/C only giving you 2 tenths and 1 mph? Something is defintely wrong. I believe I can get a run in the 13.40's.

·
21,898 Posts
NVigR8 said:
yep, I ran a [email protected] in my bone stock m6 last Sat. A S/C only giving you 2 tenths and 1 mph? Something is defintely wrong. I believe I can get a run in the 13.40's.
the best I did stock was 14.5's so I did gain a full second with the s/c.....I am not experienced on the strip.

·
10 sec club
471 Posts
Interesting that most every Magnacharged GTO (here in the US) is running about the same as the one I raced against at the track.

Apologies for calling me a liar will be accepted, or you can just send $$$ anonomously if you prefer... :gr_jest:

J/K.
I honestly hope the Magnacharged owners discover what is holding the cars back - a supercharged modern V8 of ANY flavor/make running 13's is just plain wrong. :eek2:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Advice to Maggie owners at the track:

1. Install a manual fan switch. (pretty low tech stuff)
2. Remove the rear hood gasket, or get a PFYC hood
3. Consider a cooler thermostat
4. ICE CUBES!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
My gto with me in it weighed 4180lbs. at the track. I am about 300lbs. myself. I didn't remove my spare tire either. I'm not making any excuses for my car. I'm very pleased with the maggie. I didn't by the car or the maggie to drag race. I just want a nice street car thats a little different than you can buy off the lot. I plan on doing more mods not for the drag strip, but because thats my hobby.

·
dozlert
1,951 Posts
Are you all running the stock injectors? I believe the stock injectors are 26 lbs/hr...is that good enough for the S/C?

·
21,898 Posts
Georgia Goat said:
My gto with me in it weighed 4180lbs. at the track. I am about 300lbs. myself. I didn't remove my spare tire either. I'm not making any excuses for my car. I'm very pleased with the maggie. I didn't by the car or the maggie to drag race. I just want a nice street car thats a little different than you can buy off the lot. I plan on doing more mods not for the drag strip, but just because thats my hobby.
Mine is 4200 with me and Maggie in it......I agree with what he said.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts