LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife finally has a kill and for her first kill it was a COBRA.

She was all happy that she lined up at a light with some dude revving his slowbra. Light turned and she left him WAYYY behind. He was such a tool, he just turned off at the next street, wouldn't even goto the next light.

I know that dude is cursing up storm now wondering how a PURPLE GTO driven by a GIRL just stomped his slowbra :gr_jest: That'll teach him, don't ever ASSUME that the car next to you is EVER STOCK :secret:

·
Seriously?
1,569 Posts
Wish I was an innocent pedestrian standing on the corner watching.....

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
That would make it two Cobras, oh, I mean, Slowbras, that got smoked today by M/C goats!

Great kill (three points for your wife!)

Doc

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
:yawn:

Big whoop. If the Cobra gets rid of the crappy Eaton, or even installs a 2.8" pulley, you'd be seeing taillights. There's your "slowbra" :rolleyes:

Not doubting you beat it in the least - you've tilted the odds back in your favor with the blower - and over an extra liter of displacement.

Good kill, but even though I'm sure you were being facetious, Cobras are not slow by any means.

·
Registered
53 Posts
pinski said:

Big whoop. If the Cobra gets rid of the crappy Eaton, or even installs a 2.8" pulley, you'd be seeing taillights. There's your "slowbra" :rolleyes:

Not doubting you beat it in the least - you've tilted the odds back in your favor with the blower - and over an extra liter of displacement.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Wait until all his Mustang buddies get ahold of this thread. They will come from all kinds of Mustang forums out there just to reply to this one thread. Such fragile egos.

And yet, these Ford forums have hundreds of threads about goats being so slow and getting killed left and right. I have neve seen a single GTO owner reply. Are we that uppity and self confident? Are we so self involved that we don't have time to cruise stang forums? Are we that happy with our goats that we think every thing else is inferior? Are Mustang owners a bunch of weak pathetic tools that they spend more time in our forums than they do in theirs?

Yes.

YES.

YES!

YES!

:gr_jest:

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Heheh DG always displays such passion for his work ;) I too *****d a 03 Cobra recently on the freeway of all places.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
desertgoat said:
Wait until all his Mustang buddies get ahold of this thread. They will come from all kinds of Mustang forums out there just to reply to this one thread. Such fragile egos.

And yet, these Ford forums have hundreds of threads about goats being so slow and getting killed left and right. I have neve seen a single GTO owner reply. Are we that uppity and self confident? Are we so self involved that we don't have time to cruise stang forums? Are we that happy with our goats that we think every thing else is inferior? Are Mustang owners a bunch of weak pathetic tools that they spend more time in our forums than they do in theirs?
:
DG I believe you have nailed it! :hail:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pinski said:

Good kill, but even though I'm sure you were being facetious, Cobras are not slow by any means.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet, A MUSTANG TROLL - YO TROLL PATROL !!!!!

BTW: IF I drop in a 2.8 pulley on my M/C I would be pushing close to 10 pounds of boost and over 450 rwhp with just the M/C mod. THERE IS YOUR SLOWBRA FOR YAH. And just like mine that would void the warrenty.

And yes I was joking about the cobras, but NOT about her beating one :

Also I am not a FORD hater, loved my bro's 63 1/2 Ford Galaxie XL 500 with a 390 PI dual holley 750 double pumpers, edlebrock highrise intake. That baby screamed. Also the new GT-40 KICKS BUTT. I would love that car.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
pinski said:

It's not the fact that he has an extra liter of displacement (Cobra has 4 valve heads and DOHC to make up for it anyway) or that fact that he has the blower. It's the fact that his wife was driving. His wife smooked that guy in the Cobra :hail: . Maybe you can call Ford and tell them to change superchargers on the new old looking Cobra in 2006???

Doc GTO

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
kick_*ss said:
Sweeeeeeeeeeet, A MUSTANG TROLL - YO TROLL PATROL !!!!!
Hey tool shed, I've got more posts than you :gr_jest:

Main reason for my post was to illustrate how this demographic is typically more immature than the MUCH younger age demo on my Mustang websites.

You RARELY see people say "OMG!!!!! I waxed a GTSLOW on the highway in my blown Cobra!!!!"

I mean, I'm too lazy to look at your ages, but chances are, you're in the 30-50 demographic, which is pretty much who the GTO targets. By then, I think you would've at least taken a lesson in maturity and humility.

Is it necessary to say "ooooh, I've got a car putting down 450-500rwhp and I waxed a stock Cobra!" Oops, I got it wrong, in most of you guys' everlasting immaturity, it would HAVE to be a "SLOWBRA" that lost.

Get over yourselves.

BTW, not a troll - I've stated in the past how much I like the GTO and how it's a great car. I'm starting to feel otherwise about many of the owners...for guys nearing mid-life, the maturity level is near that of an adolescent high schooler. The only time I get worked up is when someone actively bashes a Mustang for no other reason that it's a Mustang. This douche felt the need to call a low 13 second car a "slowbra" knowing well that it would've waxed his GTO had he been sans Magnacharger.

If he had simply been mature, and said, "Guys, it was awesome I finally got the chance to line up next to a Cobra after my blower install, and here's what happened: then gave a nice detail as to conditions, launch, etc, THEN it would've been a great story, and I'd have been the first to say "Nice kill, a blown 5.7L is a BEAST!"

BTW, kind of an offtopic question - doesn't the LS1 come with a high compression stock, and what compression are you running to have a safe tune with the blower.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
pinski is not a troll

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
pinski is not a troll
THANK YOU!!! :) :thumbs:

I even helped hunt down some of the trolls :(

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
kick_*ss said:
Then why did he pee in my corn flakes?
Because you called one of my favorite cars a "slowbra" :(

And my potty is broken :)

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
kick_*ss said:
he is here to keep us in check....we must have a few stang owners and other types of cars owners here to keep the board balanced it cant be all GOATs we would get so full of ourselves. Seriously though he respects the goat and was just defending the brand.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
kick_*ss said:
He was just stating his opinion
I miss understood one of his post awhile back and over reacted.
But I set things stright and respect his opinions.

He is good S#it in my book

1 - 20 of 35 Posts