LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
silver moose said:
Who knows 1/4 mile times for an auto with a magna charger?
i dont think many have gone to the track, I will go maybe in a couple weeks.

·
21,898 Posts
silver moose said:
Did they buy them just to say they have 1?
well I bought mine to have fun on the street.....The nearest track is 45 minutes away and I dont get much chance to go there nor do I want to beat on my baby much, I had planned to go once a month but so far I have been only twice in 6 months.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
nor do I want to beat on my baby much...
Lamest excuse I've ever heard. :rolleyes: ;) Get thee to the track. Drive it like you stole it. These things are meant to be beat on, not museum pieces.

Padre

·
Registered
980 Posts
PadreGTO said:
Lamest excuse I've ever heard. :rolleyes: ;) Get thee to the track. Drive it like you stole it. These things are meant to be beat on, not museum pieces.

Padre
Padre,

There was an event last Sunday at Bradenton Motorsports but if you recall we had a rather large storm in the area that day. DBlue and I DEFINITELY want to give the track a try!

I do realize that I am going to get hooked on it, but so be it! Its Legal!!! Granted the only performance mod I have is the K&N drop in, but according to the tuners @ RevXtreme, I apparently seem to have a strong stock goat.

Regardless, I want to see what times I can pull as is. Hopefully the event scheduled for last Sunday was rescheduled since the runs were cheap. I do not want to make the 1.5 hour drive for just a few runs.

Tiggerfan, any word on a new date?

_DM

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just got back from the track tonight. Bandimere Speedway, Denver, Colorado. Elevation 6000ft.....Sucking on air up here and learning to drag race the car for the first time I turned several runs at well over 100 mph, but had terrible sixty foot times like 2.6 and 2.9 accompanied by a lot of wheel hop and spinning.
Best run was 14.2 at 6000ft altitude, corrected to 13.10 at sea level, at 102.2mph. CAN YOU SAY SUSPENSION MODS NEEDED!!!!!!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Just got my GTECH Pro RR in the mail today. Going to use it to practice my launches before I go.... Car spins like mad...so gotta practice.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Liquorice said:
Just got my GTECH Pro RR in the mail today. Going to use it to practice my launches before I go.... Car spins like mad...so gotta practice.
Did you ever post any dyno's with all your mods?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi All

If everything goes to plan I should be at the strip next Wednesday night.

I am just getting a final tune done on Monday and i can't wait to see what it will run.

I have had the maggie on the car for about 3 weeks now and despite my tuner suggesting I don't give it a run, I couldn't help myself a couple of weeks ago. With a conservative tune I gave it one run for an easy 13.1 @ 112.4 with a slow 2.2 60'. This was using my 245/35 19 street tyres.

Given my Monaro has run 12.7 @ 111.8 with just bolt on mods on my 19's, I am hoping the maggie should help it to around 12.3 - 12.4 @ 114 - 115...i hope :)

I will keep you all informed.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
WhiteTXMach said:
Shouldnt a blown goat be trapping higher than 112-114??
For one, Aussie said he didn't lay into it hard. For another, he has a Monaro and is in Australia and is therefore not running a car that is as capable as the GTO (lesser engine). Don't base your comments on something that doesn't quite pertain to our situation.

·
Registered
113 Posts
phobos512 said:
For one, Aussie said he didn't lay into it hard. For another, he has a Monaro and is in Australia and is therefore not running a car that is as capable as the GTO (lesser engine). Don't base your comments on something that doesn't quite pertain to our situation.
Yah, so I guess the other people who chimed in about their blown times are in Aust with Monaro's too huh??? :zzz:

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Aussie GTO said:
Hi All

If everything goes to plan I should be at the strip next Wednesday night.

I am just getting a final tune done on Monday and i can't wait to see what it will run.

I have had the maggie on the car for about 3 weeks now and despite my tuner suggesting I don't give it a run, I couldn't help myself a couple of weeks ago. With a conservative tune I gave it one run for an easy 13.1 @ 112.4 with a slow 2.2 60'. This was using my 245/35 19 street tyres.

Given my Monaro has run 12.7 @ 111.8 with just bolt on mods on my 19's, I am hoping the maggie should help it to around 12.3 - 12.4 @ 114 - 115...i hope :)

I will keep you all informed.
Ouch :rolleyes:

·
Chief Poncho
3,032 Posts
silver moose said:
Did they buy them just to say they have 1?
Not every Tom, D_ick, and Harry buys a car to take to the track everyday. I know a few guys with some very serious street machines that have NEVER taken their cars to the track and probably never will.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I think we need to call upon Tragdar the Banninator, the brother of Trogdor the Burninator (if you don't know what this means, you should - see Strong Bad Email @ homestarrunner.com).

Note: this is an unauthorized bastardization of Trogdor. Aren't the consummate v's, well, consummate? None of that candy ass chiaro scuro shading here either. Checkin' the e-mayle. Oh yeah.

·
Registered
113 Posts
nikivee said:
No of course not. We all know that ONLY Mustangs can run those numbers. :rolleyes:
Dont be mad because even with a blower the Goat still traps slow as hell.

·
21,898 Posts
no one with the blower in the us has posted 1/4 times so I dont know how you can make that statement.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts