LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Below are a few pics of the first production Magnacharger for the GTO. The intercooler resivior bottle can be seen mounted above the battery. Heat exchanger is mounted in front of the radiator. Unit is set up with just 6.5lbs of boost. This made 124 RWHP extra on the dyno through our side exhaust exhaust system. The stock exhaust robs about 20-25hp.

Driving with the unit is really the best of both worlds. While crusing at 80mph in 6th the blower is nearly undetecable. You'd have to turn off the radio and lean forward to hear it barely (and I mean barely) whine. Mash the go pedal and the boost is instant, car pulls very hard. It easily breaks the tires loose going into the first 4 gears and a power shift into 2nd is incredible.

I didn't get the chance to run it on track on Friday, but I'm probably taking it out on Wed. I did do some cruising last night and wouldn't you know it I pulled up next to the proud new owner of either a 03 or 04 Cobra. Car still had temp tags on it and it looked like he was giving his buddies a ride in his new Stang. One of the passengers said "Don't sweat it, it's just one of the new GTO's they aren't that fast" I guess I peeved him off when I replied, "I wouldn't do it Jr., you don't want to be embarrassed in front of your friends in your new ride." Needlees to say it was on, I wish I could have seen their faces as I easily pulled him by a few car lentghs. Stopping at the next light they asked what I had done to it and I replied, "Just a little exhaust work." :D

Oh, the fun is just beginning!!!

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Very nice. How much for the Supercharger and also the side exhaust kit?

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TprGTO said:
Very nice. How much for the Supercharger and also the side exhaust kit?
Magnacharger: $5795 satin finish, $6795 polished

Side exit exhaust with manifold back pipes and high flow cats: $875

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Howie said:
Magnacharger: $5795 satin finish, $6795 polished

Side exit exhaust with manifold back pipes and high flow cats: $875
Thanks. Do you have any pictures to post of the side exhaust?

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're already working on a custom built billet TB.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Do you have pics of the satin? Doesn't have to be installed. Just want to see what the difference in looks is.

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
Hmm...I wonder if this will fit on an LS2? A 550HP GTO would be killer.

·
Member +145mph club
298 Posts
Is that the stock strut tower brace? If so is it safe to say that the stock hood can be kept without mods?

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
High Octane said:
Is that the stock strut tower brace? If so is it safe to say that the stock hood can be kept without mods?
Yes, and yes. both fit over the blower with no mods at all.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Howie said:
Stopping at the next light they asked what I had done to it and I replied, "Just a little exhuast work." :D

You are a bad man and are going straight to hell!!! I am sure most of us will meet you there......
:drink: :drink:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Tails said:
You are a bad man and are going straight to hell!!! I am sure most of us will meet you there......
:drink: :drink:

Ahh its gonna be so much fun though!!!!

:D :bubbrub

·
Registered
663 Posts
What would install cost and who could do it?

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ZillaGTO said:
What would install cost and who could do it?
We're doing the initial couple of installs for $550. You'd have to bring your Goat to Phoenix to have us install it. Otherwise Magnacharger can recommend someone in your area.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Howie said:
Below are a few pics of the first production Magnacharger for the GTO. The intercooler resivior bottle can be seen mounted above the battery. Heat exchanger is mounted in front of the radiator. Unit is set up with just 6.5lbs of boost. This made 124 RWHP extra on the dyno through our side exhaust exhaust system. The stock exhaust robs about 20-25hp.

]
Would the 6.5 psi be bad for the rear end or engine? What I am wondering is could we bolt this on and be safe and not have to upgrade anything in else?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts