LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scheduled to have my Magnacharger installed next week and have several questions which can perhaps be answered by those of you running it now.My GTO is an m6

1. the hood issue,according to Magnuson the hood should not require anything other than maybe a slight dent or notch in the hood brace but this is not usually an issue .They claim some but not all engines have minor height differences. What have any of experienced regarding this issue?

2.Run stock plugs?

3.Magnuson now says the one shipped for me has the current software for the PCM requiring the removal of the MAF screen.Have you done this and if so any problems with DTC ,check engine light?

4.How is traction from a roll etc.

5.How loud is the compressor whine?.

6.Magnuson says with the stock exhaust,stock air box and their tune,RWHP could be as high as 430-440?

If you can answer some of these concern issues,it will bw appreciated

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Before this thread gets rolling, why not move it to the Power Adder section?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Some answers from an A/4 owner.

My hood required some ball peen hammer work on the inner hood panel in 3 places after the insulation blanket was trimmed. The clearance issue involves both the s/c driveshaft pulley (no clearance problems for me) and the s/c case itself where it joins the air intake.

Stock plugs fine.

I have latest tune and no proiblems with check engine lights or error codes.

Traction from a 10 mph roll (t/c off) causes wheel slip more than a hard spin through all of first and about 10 feet on the 1-2 shift. This is what the black marks told me, but the car moves out really fast even with this slip. Can't do this from rest. It just spins like crazy. Must ease into it. Don't know re M/6.

I like the whine. Only hear it under power, and it is less loud at part throttle, but at full throttle it is louder inside the car than the exhaust.

My car measured 422 rwhp with stock intake and exhaust and Magnuson tune. I believe they developed their latest tune, at least the auto version, with my car.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
scheer said:
Scheduled to have my Magnacharger installed next week and have several questions which can perhaps be answered by those of you running it now.My GTO is an m6

1. the hood issue,according to Magnuson the hood should not require anything other than maybe a slight dent or notch in the hood brace but this is not usually an issue .They claim some but not all engines have minor height differences. What have any of experienced regarding this issue?

2.Run stock plugs?

3.Magnuson now says the one shipped for me has the current software for the PCM requiring the removal of the MAF screen.Have you done this and if so any problems with DTC ,check engine light?

6.Magnuson says with the stock exhaust,stock air box and their tune,RWHP could be as high as 430-440?

If you can answer some of these concern issues,it will bw appreciated
more response from an A4
they had to cut the hood insulator out around the throttle body, there are still 3 places which need a ball peen hammer to stop the metal to metal rub.

I did not have stock plugs going in but had no problem with this.

yes my maf was descreened, no codes, no issues.

traction is what you make it, ease into and your ok, but I have sticker tires too. Toyo's so I get more traction.

Not loud at all cruising around town, if you get on it yes sounds like a screaming girl.

Now most importantly #6.....DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH. Sorry to say but JRM346 is very lucky, almost every other s/c'ed goat is getting 380-400. Go in with no expectations and you might be surprised, go in expecting 400+ I would bet you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
464 Posts

Yes I need to trim my hood a little. IAC and nub on top of SC is rubbing. It seems that M6's sit a little higher then the A4.

2.Run stock plugs?

Running stock plugs right now.

No SES lights, but even if I did I have HP tuners

Depends on what type of roll and how heavy of a foot. Lay into it hard and 1st and 2nd can be just all smoke. But the SPEC Stage 3 and Harrop diff cover I think have contributed to that.

Cruising it is quite, rolling around town in 3rd at 2800 low whine, and WOT throttle there is no doubt what is under the hood.:):)

Once all the tweeking in programming is done that is possible. There has been a few issues, but they are staying on top of it and 90% of bugs are worked out.

Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts