LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
With the standard pulley, it can at least go a little past the RPM limit of a stock LS1 without losing efficiency, as demonstrated by the dyno curves where the limiter has been defeated. Using a smaler pulley will void the warranty.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Magnuson is very conservative with their pulley selection, but that blower can take a LOT more RPM's as long as the intercooler can handled the added heat to the air charge.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My only thinking was that what if I wanted to do a LS6 conversion and add the Magnuson to that. The revvs would increase, and I was just wondering if there were actually different versions of the blower to compensate, or if they were just built to handle it.

I know it probably sounds like a stupid question, but it is usually the stupid question that doesn't get asked that gets my arse in trouble.

Thanks!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
no coness said:
My only thinking was that what if I wanted to do a LS6 conversion and add the Magnuson to that. The revvs would increase, and I was just wondering if there were actually different versions of the blower to compensate, or if they were just built to handle it.

I know it probably sounds like a stupid question, but it is usually the stupid question that doesn't get asked that gets my arse in trouble.

Thanks!
well i dont know TONS about cams and power addders. but from reading CMNTs posts, if you plan to do the magnacharger and a Head/cam, then you might wanna consider going with a head/cam combo that is "designed" for a supercharger set up. just my 2 cents, but im CMNT will chime in and give more details.

there was a recent thread where this was talked about. but i cant remeber which one it was.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I figured Lingenfelter puts them on Z06's with only fuel modifications (injectors and pump per their website), so I just thought that the LS6 takes them fine... Just throwing around ideas here. Thanks!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Peak power on mine is at 6500, with modified rev. limiter. Magnuson has done LS6 vette and is in development on CTS-V. Hold up on CTS-V, I was told, is hood clearance.

·
Here for a while
1,707 Posts
Magna Charger has kits on the ZO6 making 450 rwhp, so I am sure you will be good to go with the LS6 in the GTO.

JRM346 said:
Hold up on CTS-V, I was told, is hood clearance.
Stand by! It is under the hood!!

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
You guys are making me crazy! I'm waiting on an email to find out when my Maggie kit will ship. I'll be posting in an in depth review (tips and tricks) with dyno charts ect as well as overall spark and A/F ratios with the new cal's. On top of that I'm doing a full install editorial for one of our magazines as well. It'll be a Maggie extravaganza! I must say though, of all the aftermarket companies I've dealt with over the the years, Magnuson Products HAS to be the best!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I plan on pulling the tune on mine this weekend and making several modifications.
1. SPEED LIMITER :)
2. Rev Limiter to 6500
3. WOT HOT temp corrected ( bug I found ;) )
3.a WOT HOT Table TP lowered
4. A4 shift performance shift speeds and RPMs
and a few other little things to clean up the HP and TQ curves.

·
Registered
113 Posts
thats blower speedim alking about , take crank pulley size / blower pulley size * rpm. and i think the max rpm is more like 13000

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
BlownChevy said:
18K would be the max you would want to spin that blower.
Even that's a short term peak. Long term rpm is lower. This is not a blower for hammerasses. Overspinning an Eaton will cause the efficiency to drop, which creates much more heat, which expands the impellers, rapidly accelerating wear. You should see some of the pix of abused Eatons. Much thought and calculation goes into matching up the blowers efficiency range with engine rpm, and there are definitely reasons they void the warranty with a smaller pulley. For all-out max boost, get a Procharger or Vortech setup. I personally don't want any more boost than than the stock Maggie delivers withoug going inside the motor, dropping CR, and beefing things up. It's well matched to the LS1 and delivers smooth, effortless power across the entire useful RPM range of the engine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i agree with you mike except for the part where you say, much calculations goes into matching blower efficiency range with engine operating range, this is the exact same blower they sell to truck guys that run 5.3l lower compression engines and 6.0l higher compression, eaton only has a few blowers, so theyre universal, the gto does have a realitively high compression ratio so swapping out to a smaller pulley would make iat rise increase detonation and the need for race gas, which for me isnt worth the hassle, i really like the maggie the way it is. when installed the way it is, whats the max boost you will see on a stock gto, soemthing like 7-8. which imo is well enough for stock motor. i like the idea of effortless power like mike was saying, i hope to get one of these kits soon, side note : not being confrontation to you mike :) sorry if sounded that way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts