LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the exhaust system out of my car while i'm waiting for a new drive shaft and noticed a few exhaust leaks. there was one where i didn't tighten the flange enough, two where the exhaust shop didn't weld all the way around on the pipes and i noticed that the x-pipe had multiple leaks evidenced by black soot. there was one on the adaptor "band" that goes to one of the in/out fittings that was about 2" long and many places along the seams of the outer edges where it's been leaking. it's only a couple of months old. there seems to be an issue with their quality control. i had the muff shop weld up the places where it's leaking but i'm still going to contact Magnaflow about the issue. it is a $90 part after all. just a heads up.

·
Exhausted Tuner
1,254 Posts
svede1212 said:
i have the exhaust system out of my car while i'm waiting for a new drive shaft and noticed a few exhaust leaks. there was one where i didn't tighten the flange enough, two where the exhaust shop didn't weld all the way around on the pipes and i noticed that the x-pipe had multiple leaks evidenced by black soot. there was one on the adaptor "band" that goes to one of the in/out fittings that was about 2" long and many places along the seams of the outer edges where it's been leaking. it's only a couple of months old. there seems to be an issue with their quality control. i had the muff shop weld up the places where it's leaking but i'm still going to contact Magnaflow about the issue. it is a $90 part after all. just a heads up.
Please forward me your information and any pictures. If need be, I can have another unit shipped out to you and have you ship back the defective component.

[email protected]

Richard

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Btlfed1500 said:
Please forward me your information and any pictures. If need be, I can have another unit shipped out to you and have you ship back the defective component.

[email protected]

Richard
dense old me. i didn't realize that you were with Magnaflow. i lent out my camera but will have it back tomorrow and i will take pictures. nothing else to do while she's sitting there on jack stands :). i'm not bashing your product but i wanted to let someone know that there are production issues. i'll get back with you.

thanks,
jerry

·
Exhausted Tuner
1,254 Posts
svede1212 said:
dense old me. i didn't realize that you were with Magnaflow. i lent out my camera but will have it back tomorrow and i will take pictures. nothing else to do while she's sitting there on jack stands :). i'm not bashing your product but i wanted to let someone know that there are production issues. i'll get back with you.

thanks,
jerry
It sounds like one of the robots did not home correctly and the weld segments were not overlapped. Definately a QC production issue I will look into ... I'm curious as this is one of the first complaints of this nature I have seen.

Either way, I will ensure you have a leak free part ASAP.

·
Registered
182 Posts
This great customer service pushes me more towards the magnaflow over the Corsa.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
after a couple weeks of having my magnaflow cat back.... I love it more every day... the "sound" is really starting to sound good... as fast as I drive, I dont need anything louder...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts