LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Looking for 400 rear wheel horsepower from your GTO? Magnuson has the kit for you!

O.E.M. quality Mp112 5th Gen, "hybrid" roots style intercooled supercharger w/integral bypass valve

Intercooled application features a unique air to liquid heat exchanger that is integrated into the manifold, below the supercharger

Computer programmer - re-flashes factory ECU, spark and fuel control, transmission shift points, line pressures and torque converter strategies are optimized to manager increased torque, horsepower and mileage.

Two great warranties - standard 3 year limited warranty or add an optional 36,000 mile 3 year powertrain warranty for $200.00

Does not void your warranty

100% complete with step-by-step instructions

This all-new intercooled supercharger system utilizes the Magna Charger MP112 supercharger with internal bypass valve. Torque and horsepower output is improved from 1500 rpm to 6500 rpm,

This kit is complete with all components necessary for installation. Included in the kit is the cast aluminum intake manifold and all necessary hardware to complete the entire installation. Other components in the system include new fuel injectors and extruded aluminum fuel rails, coolant circulation pump, intercooler core and heat exchanger. Factory push lock connectors are utilized in the fuel system for ease of installation.

01-12-60-130 2004 GTO Magnuson Intercooled supercharger - Silver stardust finish $5989.99

01-12-60-131 2004 GTO Magnuson Intercooled supercharger - Polished finish $6989.99

Local guys can take advantage of our installation special that runs through August 9th. Labor to install this system is only $350. if you book your appointment through that date.

Let the horsepower begin!!! :)

Order line - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
E-mail - [email protected]

Price Match Plus policy

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
How does the drivetrain warranty work? I'm in Seattle. I blow my rear gears out, what are the steps to getting it repaired? This is just for an example. Thank you.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
yes, and what EXACTLY is covered in the warranty. lets say i put on the S/C and i blow out a head gasket or something else that is not specifically part of the drive train.
i know that legally no mods can "void" your warranty. but im sure that slappin the S/C on there will give the dealer a GREAT reason to squelch out of whatever seems reasonable to them. will you cover it? probably not right ?

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recommend everyone that is interested in the warranty read over the fine print very carefully. This is an option that is available with the purchase of any new Magna Charger system. It covers the engine and transmission for a period of 3-years or 36,000 miles. This warranty is in addition to the 3-year/36,000 mile warranty that comes standard on the supercharger system. They won't cover these componients if there is neglect, abuse, lack of maintainance and improper installation. They also won't cover anything if your using aftermarket parts such as a cam, headers or nitrous. I'll see if I can locate the link to this in Magnuson's site. It's buried on there somewhere.

We've sold quite a few of their kits. I only know of 1 or 2 people that went with this warranty.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
tbyrne said:
I recommend everyone that is interested in the warranty read over the fine print very carefully. This is an option that is available with the purchase of any new Magna Charger system. It covers the engine and transmission for a period of 3-years or 36,000 miles. This warranty is in addition to the 3-year/36,000 mile warranty that comes standard on the supercharger system. They won't cover these componients if there is neglect, abuse, lack of maintainance and improper installation. They also won't cover anything if your using aftermarket parts such as a cam, headers or nitrous. I'll see if I can locate the link to this in Magnuson's site. It's buried on there somewhere.

We've sold quite a few of their kits. I only know of 1 or 2 people that went with this warranty.
So if you are running headers then you get no warranty? Man, that's worse than the dealers :(

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm either going blind with age or they took the detailed like to the powertrain warranty off their site. They will pretty much cover the motor and tranny if the only mod is there supercharger but they have no control over what will happen if your running other mods too. Magnuson knows that their kit shouldn't damage the powertrain.

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heads and headers :(

Let me be clear so nobody gets confused. Right now we are talking about the extended powertrain warranty that can be purchased with the kit for an additional $200. Most people don't go with this option so it's really nothing to worry about. Your supercharger will have a warranty if you have other mods on the car. Headers, heads, cam ect... You can pretty much do what you want and not worry about your supercharger warranty in the unlikely event that something happens to the blower.

Hope this helps :)
Tom

·
ABENIGO
26 Posts
phobos512 said:
So if you are running headers then you get no warranty? Man, that's worse than the dealers :(
I really don't see your guys beef with this. The tranny is desogned for 400 ft-lbs of torgue while rear end is designed for 400 ft-lbs in first with street tires. This s/c is great mod because it increases power...around to what the drive train may take-for some people this is a good thing.

If you are primarily concerned with the longevity of the vehicle, then don't bother with any mods! A S/C with heads cam exhuast will produce power in excess of what the car was designed for and can take.

Your basically buying a toaster over and asking the company you bought it from to warranty a stick of butter that you put into it.

Speed costs!!!!

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
ZD1 said:
I really don't see your guys beef with this. The tranny is desogned for 400 ft-lbs of torgue while rear end is designed for 400 ft-lbs in first with street tires. This s/c is great mod because it increases power...around to what the drive train may take-for some people this is a good thing.

If you are primarily concerned with the longevity of the vehicle, then don't bother with any mods! A S/C with heads cam exhuast will produce power in excess of what the car was designed for and can take.

Your basically buying a toaster over and asking the company you bought it from to warranty a stick of butter that you put into it.

Speed costs!!!!
I'm not asking Pontiac to cover me at all when I mod the vehicle. BUT when I am modding my vehicle, I don't want the mods to not be covered when used in conjunction with other mods, and that was what I read when I read tbyrne's post.

So, just to clear this up...The warranty on the SUPERCHARGER is still valid with other mods, but if you buy the EXTRA "full powertrain warranty" for $200, that is INVALID with mods OTHER than the S/C installed. Is that right? If so, that's fine! I just want to make sure I don't lose the standard S/C warranty.

And forgive me, ZD1, but you seem to think that we don't know how to mod a car properly around here...I think most people on this forum are WELL aware of how mods affect different parts of the car - I for one plan on beefing up all the drivetrain components with the heavy duty parts that BMR Fab is producing before I even get to 400RWHP. They run mid 11's with a stock transmission though, so it's not a big worry. I don't ever intend to get quite that fast with this vehicle, at least not without doing some major cabin stripping, and that's not something I want to do.

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, just to clear this up...The warranty on the SUPERCHARGER is still valid with other mods, but if you buy the EXTRA "full powertrain warranty" for $200, that is INVALID with mods OTHER than the S/C installed. Is that right? If so, that's fine! I just want to make sure I don't lose the standard S/C warranty.
This is correct. The only time that they may void the supercharger warranty is if you install a smaller pulley to get more boost.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Would it be possible to see a copy of the S/C warranty AND the supplemental powertrain warranty?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
tbyrne said:
This is correct. The only time that they may void the supercharger warranty is if you install a smaller pulley to get more boost.
Good deal. Thanks!

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The supercharger warranty can be found on their website - http://www.magnacharger.com

The optional powertrain warranty info used to be listed on there but it's disappeared. I'm still looking through!

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
tbyrne said:
The supercharger warranty can be found on their website - http://www.magnacharger.com

The optional powertrain warranty info used to be listed on there but it's disappeared. I'm still looking through!
Thanks!

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I'm thinking the non polished would go better with the fuel rail covers. :D Plus it's cheaper! :D

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
I'm thinking the non polished would go better with the fuel rail covers. :D Plus it's cheaper! :D
If I do a Maggie, I'll probably paint the housing flat black to dissipate more heat. Maybe polish the outer edges of the fins for a little underhood bling. Anodize would be nice, but disassembling the thing just to dunk the cover isn't worth it to me.

·
3,327 Posts
I am all about underhood bling :pimp: :)

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Someone please keep the Grand Prix guys off the GTO forum!! :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts