LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Need To Drive More
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 05 GTO

SW headers + SW 3" exhaust.

List: First is the driver side mid-pipe hit against the floor board. Second is the rear pipes ran very close to the rear drive shaft rubber coupler and actually melted it. Third the mufflers sway and bang up against the heat shields. Fourth the number six spark plug wire is against the primary tube. The headers have been coated. Can I return them? No. I had the rest of the exhaust professionally welded up at an additional $300. Over $2000 exhaust that STILL does not fit right.

LPE Intake

List: Heat shield does not fit. It is plastic. It is gay. "Hey, our sucker customer ordered OUR intake setup for his 2005 GTO. Lets send him one for an 04."

Diablosport Predator

List: Does not communicate with PC after I purchased the power kit, Serial-to-Serial cable then a Serial-to-USB cable. Gets to 2% and hangs. Tried different WinXP and Win98 boxes. Null. Sent email for support. Told to call but I cant because I have to work the hours DS is open so I can pay off the parts.

Wheres my ported and polished throttle body? Oh yeah, it is lost somewhere in shipping.

WTF ever.

Thank you aftermarket companies. You sure know quality. :barf:

·
Need To Drive More
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jbss71 said:
no whoever puts on your parts sucks.

stuff gets lost, it happens get over it and move on
If I am given shit to work worth then....

So money gets lost too? I paid money for a product. It is crap, doesnt fit, wrong parts.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
LFSADRG said:
If I am given shit to work worth then....

So money gets lost too? I paid money for a product. It is crap, doesnt fit, wrong parts.
there are more than a few people with SW headers and they aren't cry'in. stuff get lost in the mail sometimes. its a pain but a few phone calls gets it fixed 9 times out of 10

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
your issues related to exhaust in perticular sound to be installation related.

Keep this thread on topic.

·
Misses the GTO
269 Posts
You see......This is why I make my own parts, or buy used and rebuild it....Of course I also have a frind with access to metal, hi-pressure hoses, macheine shop and other fun aero/auto stuff. You know I got your back with what every you can think of.

·
The ORIGINAL Robofuzz
1,463 Posts
One thing I quickly learned when I was a teenager and started modding my first car:
Despite whatever a supplier tells you, almost nothing ever just "bolts on". I have found that to also be the case with my GTO modding:

1) Corsa Sport passenger side hanger needed adjustment
2) Volant mounting holes didn't line up perfectly
3) BMR STB hitting clutch fluid reservoir bracket
4) CV8R tails - plugs needed slight modification

Sometimes this stuff annoys me, and other times I just see it as a part of the modding process and take it as a challenge.

·
_________
461 Posts
Robofuzz said:
One thing I quickly learned when I was a teenager and started modding my first car: Despite whatever a supplier tells you, almost nothing ever just "bolts on".
+1 Exhaust systems never seem to line up perfectly. I usually have my torch set handy for 'field modifications'.

Although LFSADRG you seem to be running into a string of bad luck.

·
Professional Type 1 Diabetic
4,263 Posts
jbk said:
I usually have my torch
Does a lighter with the little -/+ lever set to + (high) work as good as a torch?

Some people need to buy "bolt on" parts because they don't have tools to modify parts to make it fit correctly. If a sponsor/dealer sells a part specifically for an 04 GTO as Bolt on, you would expect it to fit and not require welding/bending/torching to mate the ends together. Maybe a little pushing/pulling to get a bolt into place but having to torch the tube to bend it into place...

·
Administrator
20,822 Posts
Jbss71 said:
there are more than a few people with SW headers and they aren't cry'in.
thats because they either:
a) started buying other brands
b) got all their problems with SW worked out and are now enjoying the car

back in the day, there was MUCH weeping and ganshing of teeth with SW exhausts. I for one, am not surprised.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Steel Chicken said:
thats because they either:
a) started buying other brands
b) got all their problems with SW worked out and are now enjoying the car

back in the day, there was MUCH weeping and ganshing of teeth with SW exhausts. I for one, am not surprised.
all would've been found with a search. i for one dont like S&W.

·
Administrator
20,822 Posts
Jbss71 said:
all would've been found with a search. i for one dont like S&W.
On that we agree...products should be well researched before purchase.
I made the mistake of saving some xtra bucks with my SW's, although the final result wasn't too bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts