LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Manafacture Warranties..

Guys I am makeing this post so everyone understands how manafacture warrenties work.

Certain manafactures offer warranties on there products as a form of customer service for there product. Some manafactures offer no warranty and you are on your own if it malfuctions.

Here are how these warranties work.

After you purchase the product from the vendor of your choice any warranties go back to the manafacture. It is done this way to make sure the customer gets there needs taken care of as fast and professional as possible.

The perks of a manafacture warranty is that you are not out the cost of the part if something did go wrong.

1. The down falls are you have to cover shipping to the manafacture and back to you.

2.You have alittle down time from using your system.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are a few people that have got upset because they did not like the way that the warranty program is handled.

So I would like to explain the reasons behind the guidlines to be able to offer a warranty to the consumer.

1. Neither the vendor or the manafacture can ship you a new product in exchange for your warrentied part you still have in your possession. (Reason why is that there is no way of the vendor or manafacture to know the reason for malfuction until it is in there possesion)

2. The Vendor or Manafacture will not cover shipping. Unfortintly shiping is a cost the customer will have to cover. This is with most if not any aftermarket performance companies.

3. If it turns out that the product is a manafacture defect it will be exchanged for a new one. If it is something repairable with out changeing the quality of the product it will be repaired or cleaned out and sent back to you.

3.These are a few guidlines that have to be followed in order for the company to be able to offord to offer a warranty program. They can not be bent for one customer because he is in a hurry. Everyone is in a hurry just like you. All customers needs are just as important as the next.

I am wanting to talk about solenoid warranty since this is the main part of a nitrous system that may require warrenty repair at some point.

COMMON REASONS WHY SOLENOIDS ARE SENT IN FOR WARRANTY REPAIR
Believe it or not 90 percent of warranty send in is because of customer mistake.
On a solinoid warranty most are sent in because of them leaking. Reasons for a leak is usualy one of the following. It got a peice of trash in it causing the seat not to seal. The fix for this is to just clean out the solenoid and send it back to the customer.(This is normally caused from picking up a some trash during the install or not running a nitrous filter). Another reason is the customer not reading the instructions and getting the exit port and purge port mixed up.

Another reason a solenoid may be sent in is coil burn. This is caused by faulty wiring or bad ground.

Vendors standpoint.
The vendor can not afford to send out a customer a new product in exchange for his used one. The reason it has to go to the manafacture is so that it can be looked at and see if it needs to be exchanged or repaired. If we exchanged your used one for a new one and the manafacture does not cover it we end up sitting on a bunch of used parts we can not sell.

We also can not cover your shipping cost to the manafacture for you.(Just like a dealer ship does not pay your gas to for you to bring your car in for repair)

I know that having to send in your product for warranty is a inconvience. I wish it never had to happen but the truth is this is part of the aftermarket performance ups and downs that come along with putting aftermarket products on your car.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here at Nitro Dave's we really care about our customers. We want them to enjoy the nitrous experience. We will also do what we can to help them in anyway we can when our help is needed.

However I have came to learn that sometimes as hard as it is we have to tell a customer No. This is by far the hardest part of our job. I dislike this more than anything because I absolutly hate for a customer to be unhappy with our company.
In order for us to stay in business there are certain buisness practises we have to follow.
Following manafacture warranty guide lines is one of them.

I appoligize for any inconviences this may cause. I hope you can understand that these guidlines are put into place for a reason.

We appreciate all your support.
Dave

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
Well put! I hate waiting too, but unfortunately that is the nature of the beast.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Spell check Dave, spell check.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Nitro Dave said:
LOL,
No reason to fake that I can spell. Everyone knows I am illiterate...:)
Dave

Haha, its ok...I just couldnt resist. I'm calling you next week to order a 150 shot plate kit with all the goodies. I've made my decision.

·
Site Sponsor
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good. We appreciate your support...

You would be amazed at how many friends call or send me messages telkling me what all I mis spelled. WE all laugh about it..
Dave

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
I used spell check for you...

Nitro Dave said:
Guys I am making this post so everyone understands how manufacture warranties work.

Certain manufactures offer warranties on there products as a form of customer service for there product. Some manufactures offer no warranty and you are on your own if it malfunctions.

Here are how these warranties work.

After you purchase the product from the vendor of your choice any warranties go back to the manufacture. It is done this way to make sure the customer gets there needs taken care of as fast and professional as possible.

The perks of a manufacture warranty is that you are not out the cost of the part if something did go wrong.

1. The down falls are you have to cover shipping to the manufacture and back to you.

2.You have a little down time from using your system.

There are a few people that have got upset because they did not like the way that the warranty program is handled.

So I would like to explain the reasons behind the guidelines to be able to offer a warranty to the consumer.

1. Neither the vendor or the manufacture can ship you a new product in exchange for your warrantied part you still have in your possession. (Reason why is that there is no way of the vendor or manufacture to know the reason for malfunction until it is in there possession)

2. The Vendor or Manufacture will not cover shipping. Unfortunately shipping is a cost the customer will have to cover. This is with most if not any aftermarket performance companies.

3. If it turns out that the product is a manufacture defect it will be exchanged for a new one. If it is something repairable with out changing the quality of the product it will be repaired or cleaned out and sent back to you.

3.These are a few guidelines that have to be followed in order for the company to be able to afford to offer a warranty program. They can not be bent for one customer because he is in a hurry. Everyone is in a hurry just like you. All customers needs are just as important as the next.

I am wanting to talk about solenoid warranty since this is the main part of a nitrous system that may require warranty repair at some point.

COMMON REASONS WHY SOLENOIDS ARE SENT IN FOR WARRANTY REPAIR
Believe it or not 90 percent of warranty send in is because of customer mistake.
On a solenoid warranty most are sent in because of them leaking. Reasons for a leak is usually one of the following. It got a piece of trash in it causing the seat not to seal. The fix for this is to just clean out the solenoid and send it back to the customer.(This is normally caused from picking up a some trash during the install or not running a nitrous filter). Another reason is the customer not reading the instructions and getting the exit port and purge port mixed up.

Another reason a solenoid may be sent in is coil burn. This is caused by faulty wiring or bad ground.

Vendors standpoint.
The vendor can not afford to send out a customer a new product in exchange for his used one. The reason it has to go to the manufacture is so that it can be looked at and see if it needs to be exchanged or repaired. If we exchanged your used one for a new one and the manufacture does not cover it we end up sitting on a bunch of used parts we can not sell.

We also can not cover your shipping cost to the manufacture for you.(Just like a dealer ship does not pay your gas to for you to bring your car in for repair)

I know that having to send in your product for warranty is a inconvenience. I wish it never had to happen but the truth is this is part of the aftermarket performance ups and downs that come along with putting aftermarket products on your car.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here at Nitro Dave's we really care about our customers. We want them to enjoy the nitrous experience. We will also do what we can to help them in anyway we can when our help is needed.

However I have came to learn that sometimes as hard as it is we have to tell a customer No. This is by far the hardest part of our job. I dislike this more than anything because I absolutely hate for a customer to be unhappy with our company.
In order for us to stay in business there are certain business practices we have to follow.
Following manufacture warranty guide lines is one of them.

I apologize for any inconveniences this may cause. I hope you can understand that these guidelines are put into place for a reason.

We appreciate all your support.
Dave

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Nitro Dave said:
LOL,
Wood U guys wrather me uze me alittle amunt of time I hafe worreing about spel chek.. Or answering ur tek questuns. hahaha:)
Dave
eye wood wrather ewe cend meh mie nitrus kit than werrie abowt spel chek

1 - 10 of 10 Posts