LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is where we shall stash links to that info which is valuable to those who row their own, and work the man pedal. If something needs added, let me or another mod know.

Clutch Hydraulics cut in Half.
I mocked up a clutch system, shot some video, took some measurements, and then cut a perfectly good slave and master in half so I could take more measurements.

LS7 clutch details by dark Lord HRJ

Got a LS7 clutch question? This thread has the answer.

M6 Shifter Summary - As of June 2009 by Blue Flying Goat

A quick run down of all the shifter options for the GTO, and any issues they may have.

Clutch Bleeding, and how it will improve everything but your sex life.

Seriously, start all clutch issue Diagnosis here.

How Gearing affects Top Speed
A quick reference chart to show how gearing of the trans and diff as well as tire size affects non-drag limited top speeds. With link to the gearing calculator excel file that generated the charts, so you can load non-stock ratios to account for THM350/400 or non M80 diffs.

How To: Install a Fbody slave
A less expensive alternative to the OEM slave.

$.50 clutch pedal clip fix
Master push rod pop off the pedal? Dont have $300 for a new unit? Here is your fix.

Slave shims

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey i have a question, if i buy one of these shifters, is it pretty straight forward in the installation? and also is it possible to buy a used one?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Good info!!

·
NO KISSEZZ!! NOOO!!
737 Posts
You guys should sticky the correct amount of transmission fluid to put into the car as well to avoid the confusion. There are a bazillion different threads that all say something different.

·
SSgt @ USAF Hunger Games2K14
6,378 Posts
Konnie bleeding the clutch fluid does improve your sex life since you can get home faster :lol:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Billet now $579 on JHP???? I guess because they are the only one that sells em.. That sucks I should not have waited so long to get one. Does anyone know of somewhere else to get it? $600 for a shifter geez..

·
Registered
105 Posts
cool, this is great information

·
Registered
1 Posts
6 speed stick pooping out of gear.

I have a 2005 GTO with 6 speed stick and I am having trouble popping out of gear. The dealer tries rebuilding the trans twice, new clutch, rebuild factory shifter, and most recently a brand new transmission. I am still having problems rough into second and popping out of first. Any ideas? [email protected]

·
Registered
181 Posts
Video of girl dropping tranny, replacing clutch slave + remote bleeder install

Per the description:
Yenn and Neko (her cat) drop the Tremec T56 transmission in a 2006 Pontiac GTO to replace the Clutch Slave Cylinder and install a Remote Bleeder for the clutch.

https://youtu.be/t1B3ebJKvAs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Slave cylinder replacement

There were questions about Slave cylinder life: I had one fail at 47000 miles. I have another which is now over 100000 miles and still doing fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2004 T56 Rebuilt still grinding in 1st and 2nd gear

Looking for some advice. I just had my T56 rebuilt with new synchros, etc., installed a new LS6 clutch (2004 PONTIAC GTO LuK Clutch Kits 04-905) with a new slave cylinder and Hinson remote bleeder.

To me it seems like the clutch is not fully engaging/disengaging properly and that is what is causing the grinding. I have not verified if I've got an aftermarket adjustable clutch master cylinder (will do that tomorrow). Having read a ton of articles, I know there is no adjustment on the stock one.

Is there any adjustment on the shifter where it bolts to the top of the trans? I'm hoping I don't have to take it back a shop and have them pull the trans.

Appreciate the advice.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,023 Posts
Is there any adjustment on the shifter where it bolts to the top of the trans?
No.

You should make your own thread for your problem, not ask for help in a informational sticky thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts