LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
tl;dr. Changed battery and alternator and the abs fault wont go away, t/c wont turn on and radio wont turn on

I've browsed the site until I died and couldn't find my issue. It's a weird one so I'm not surprised. Hopefully yall can help me out.

Recently moved overseas and shipped my M6 to Germany. It did sit for quite some time while paperwork got figured out but eventually boated on over to Europe. That's when the issues began. It somehow showed up with 0 gas and a dead battery. Me and the truck driver had to push it off the trailer and I was dead in the water. I was quite pissed thats a story not for here.

Ended up getting gas and jumped it but it wouldn't stay on and was throwing ABS fault, t/c off and check alternator. Replaced the battery but it was still throwing all those messages but the battery was enough to at least drive home and work on it. So I bought a new GM replacement alternator off of RockAuto and just replaced it, albeit with a flurry of cuss words. Had to jump the battery to get it started but it stayed on and ran just fine. The check alternator message is gone but the ABS fault is on, t/c off still there and the radio (aftermarket pioneer) wont turn on. The battery voltage seems to be fine and the engine turns on and off just fine.

Yall have any ideas where to go from here? Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that but figured it wouldn't be the issue since they were fine before I shipped it. But it couldn't hurt. Haven't checked in a while

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well being that you had it shipped I would imagine it saw quite a bit of vibration along the way. Probably wouldn't hurt to check the BCM wires as cheap insurance. Have you checked to see what kind of voltage you're getting to the interior of the car, not just at the battery? The aftermarket radio not turning on is an interesting one, if the unit is seeing high or low voltage that would be a reason for it not to work. Maybe check all the fuses to see if one is partially burnt or if there's any corrosion? I'd imagine if the car was shipped via cargo container that it would've encountered a good bit of salty air.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well being that you had it shipped I would imagine it saw quite a bit of vibration along the way. Probably wouldn't hurt to check the BCM wires as cheap insurance. Have you checked to see what kind of voltage you're getting to the interior of the car, not just at the battery? The aftermarket radio not turning on is an interesting one, if the unit is seeing high or low voltage that would be a reason for it not to work. Maybe check all the fuses to see if one is partially burnt or if there's any corrosion? I'd imagine if the car was shipped via cargo container that it would've encountered a good bit of salty air.
I have not. What do you mean check the voltage at the interior?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts