LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's taken long enough, but before this day is out I should have my new wheels & tires on my GTO. Now it's time to come up with a plan for my 4,300 mile stock wheels/tires. I've got 3 choices:

1. Hold onto them
2. Sell wheels & tires together
3. Sell wheels & tires separately

Certainly, part of my decision will be based on their value. Anyone know if the stock wheels/tires will fit any other cars? BMW maybe? Anyone know if there is any market at all for these?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i would hold on to them for awhile. you never know when you might need a stocker.

plus you can always sell them later to someone who want to replace their stock tires with new rubber or put some DR on a set of stock rims. JMHO

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
I sold mine on ebay. No reserve auction. I got $710 for them all before shipping costs. (Which were $145) Mine had less than 1000 miles on them though.

·
3,327 Posts
I paid 400 for 2 stock rims. The same seller is haveing a hard time selling the tires. BTW, if you were to buy a stock rim, it would cost you around 325-350...? I forget.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
02redhawk...at this point I don't want to split them. If something changes, I will let you know.

1COOLPC...Any idea on what vehicle the buyer was going to install them?

Can't believe the cost of a stock rim. I'm leaning toward selling wheels & tires together on ebay. As I'm in the shipping business, getting them somewhere for cheap shouldn't be a problem.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
If you plan on doing any racing schools (high performance schools) then I owuld keep the stock rims and install DOT rubber on them. Kumho (at www.tirerack.com) has a nice DOT racing tire (V700) in the stock size for $166 each heat cycled or you can go to 255/40/17 for $173 each heat cycled which will shorten you gear ratio slightly but give you a little more tire on the ground. This way, you will not wear out your new street rubber or scratch your new wheels! Then you just sell the stock rubber to offset the the price of the race rubber. JMHO =-0

·
Dad's Yellow Goat
632 Posts
tdimasi said:
It's taken long enough, but before this day is out I should have my new wheels & tires on my GTO. Now it's time to come up with a plan for my 4,300 mile stock wheels/tires. I've got 3 choices:

1. Hold onto them
2. Sell wheels & tires together
3. Sell wheels & tires separately

Certainly, part of my decision will be based on their value. Anyone know if the stock wheels/tires will fit any other cars? BMW maybe? Anyone know if there is any market at all for these?
Looking for 2 stock rims? This has been up a little while so maybe you have started selling, not interested in tires.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am also interested in buying 2 stock rims only to mount my drag radials.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I can sell all four rims, either 4 to one buyer or 2 ea. to two buyers, I will do so for 175 each (including shipping).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts