LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 60 of 136 Posts

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
on a side note for the day, anybody watching forula D live stream this weekend?!

how about anyone who lives in the NJ tristate area going to Englishtown this weekend to check out the first drift event of the year?!

·
NYC GOAT
1,066 Posts
good shitt !!!!!!

Ill be there Saturday.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
alrighty then, i guess its time for another update!

The accusump is fully installed now, i used the wide open design adapter which is a really nice piece. i recommend anyone that goes this route delete your AC, mine is sitting against one of the lines and i had to carefully try to bend it out of the way, im not too happy with it so ill probably delete it as well but i would really like to try to keep it.

I've spent weeks looking at wheels and i really wanted to stay 17's for the purpose of in expensive drifting wheels. well i found it's just easier to succumb to the power of 18's. i've found an inexpensive set for $700 on ebay that im going to run. they are 18x9.5 in the rear and 18x8.5 in the front both +35. fitment should be tight but i like that.

I finally removed all of the sound deadening material, well as much as i could, the trans tunnel was extremely hard to rid of the sound deadening. If i had to do it again i would pass my weight savings were only 18lbs and it was a tremendous amount of work. the awesome part about it is when i rev the car, it sounds like an old muscle car on the inside haha.

next i got my drivers seat fully mocked up and bolted in. Im really happy with the drivers seat, i fixed mounted it which means no sliders. Drifters tend to like this better because it makes for a lower seating position and i have a personal vendetta with sliders because alot of them have play after using them for a little while. this may not bother most but when you're entering a turn at 60-100 mph and transitioning through turns, you can really feel that little bit of play.

Thats my update for now, i really only need a few more things then shes off to fabrication

I need:
1. Steering knuckles modified for angle
2. Extended tie rods to compensate for the new knuckles
3. Hydraulic Ebrake (ASD most likely)
4. Grippy front tires (either Hankook RS3's or Falken RT615K)

When it goes in for fabrication i will have done:
1. Roll Cage
2. Weld Differential
3. Sway Bar link mount relocated to the control arm

I'm happy with the progress ive made in such little time with this car. I was on disability but today i will be returning to work as to state of NJ and the company i work for have really bent me over. Hopefully with the better income i will be making even faster progress on this.

Thanks for reading guys!

·
NYC GOAT
1,066 Posts
i like those rims bro, theyll look good.

35 offset might make contact with the frame rail on full lock... nothing a little spacer cant fix.

BRIDE seat !! YEA !!!

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
i like those rims bro, theyll look good.

35 offset might make contact with the frame rail on full lock... nothing a little spacer cant fix.

BRIDE seat !! YEA !!!
yeah a spacer might be necessary but im not too worried about it, even if i have to trim the fender. shane's car looks sick without the front fender flares =X

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Any pics of the wide open design adapter on the block? How much do you need to bend the ac lines out of the way?

i'll post more pics of it this weekend i should be getting my knuckles back soon so before i put them on i am going to comb over everything i've done so far to make sure its solid so far.

as far as moving the AC line, i'll be honest i'm not too happy with it. I didnt bend it far enough out of the way and its sitting against the adapter, i really want to keep my AC for the sake of it being a street car but it seems i may end up removing it. i'd rather keep the parts safe in a box collecting dust then destroy them over a 50 dollar block adapter. maybe i can make a new line or move it further out of the way.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
alright so the interior WAS pretty much finished but Cebo called it and my accusump is leaking =X. it's leaking both from the wide open designs block fitting, i think its defective, it doesnt look like the -10AN adapter is seating properly, surprisingly my -10AN line ISNT leaking. It's also leaking at the valve on the accusump which is probably my fault. i'll post some pics of all this stuff later, here's the interior so far,

I also got my hydraulic handbrake in from ASD Motorsports, the unit is extremely nicely made. for 200 dollars this is the nicest made handbrake ive seen yet. this is a 3/4 pass through master cylinder.

I also really like the fact that ASD offers this style ebrake as well as a straight pull. I once had a straight pull in an S13 and i really wasnt a fan, this will hopefully feel natural to me.

This is the approximate position the ebrake will be when its fully mounted

SidewayzGTO you requested pics of the adapter on the block which i completely forgot about, i owe you and this build thread those pics because it is a very nice piece so hang tight and ill be putting them up soon!

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Alright, i took some pics of the wide open design adapter for the accusump on the engine, this is also a good time to say that i cant get the motherfucker to stop leaking, shane (GTODrifter) had the same issue when he ran his but he said he removed his alternator to get some leverage and was able to get it to stop so i may do that.

you can see the -10an line and where it hooks up sort of there

Next up is the beginning of me hooking up my hydraulic handbrake. I decided that since i'm a little short on time, im going to run it straight through the distribution block. A lot of 350Z owners have to do this and i'm just not ready to remove my entire ABS system yet. Nobody in the GTO community does this, or so i havent seen any, so i'm going to try to be as detailed as possible.

Thats the distribution block right there with one of the lines for the Ebrake. Labeled on the block, there or 6 lines, two out of the top labeled LF and LR. the other two say MC1 and MC2 (one of these lines are 1/4 inch and the other is 3/8) and two on the back side labeled RR and RF. MC1 is the smaller 3/8 line that comes out of the master cylinder and controls the front lines. This is the line that is modified to install a staging brake or line lock. MC2 is the 1/4 inch line that controls the rear brakes.

MC2 is the only line that will be touched the rest will remain in the same location. The way the pass through hydraulic handbrake works is very simple, it is put "in line " with the brake line that comes out of the master cylinder that controls the rear brakes. So basically one line for the HYdro has to come from the master and the other goes to the distribution block. So realistically what i'm doing is just interrupting the line however in order to do that i have to make new line thats all. Very simple.

In that pic you can see the brake line coming out of the distribution block and going accross the firewall, i'm mounting my ebrake next to the drivers seat, so i have to make sure the lines go to that side of the ****pit.

PRO TIP - the fitting that goes into the distribution block AND master cylinder are M12x1.0. They DO NOT make a union for this fitting so i highly suggest making your own line with a fitting that will mate up to your hydraulics for the Ebrake!

thats underneath the car where the fitting will be met by a -3AN line which is the equivalent of 3/8 -24. this is another pain in the ass because 3/8 - 24 is only made for a 3/8 inch line. so i'm at a stand still with the fittings but i'm sure ill get it figured out.

thanks for reading!

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
alrighty, i finished the hydro ebrake setup. The next chance i get to perfect the lines i will but for now this is whats going to have to work. Hmm maybe i can design a GTO hydro e-brake install kit......

anywho, the line that goes into the master cylinder was a genuine pain in the ass to bend. the amount of room i had to make the bend i needed was just barely enough. This was easily the hardest part of making the lines. It's the line on the left which is towards the front of the master cylinder.

The end of the line was bit farther back than i wanted it to be, at the ends of the lines i used a M12x1.0 Union with a 3/16ths brake line that had an M12x1.0 on one end and a 3/8 -24 fitting on the other side. the side with the 3/8 -24 had a standard flare so i also bought an adapter fitting that converts it to ISO bubble. The line that was longer i ended up curling around just to keep the AN line away from the driveshaft. I'm ok with this, unfortunately i dont have any flaring tools or cutting tools so i had to use premade lines. If i had flaring tools i definitely would have went a different route but i am overall satisfied with my end product.

The abrake is completely hooked up, im waiting for my knuckles to come in and then i can bleed the brakes and the clutch and as long as everything is good its off to get the roll cage, diff, and steering end links done!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great build so far! Cool to see somebody cutting door panels similar to what i had in mind. My 04 is currently under the knife for a drift build as well. I'm In Northern VA about 5 minutes from summit point Motorsports park!

Hood from a Rally i did in the past also signed by Vaughn Gittin Jr.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Great build so far! Cool to see somebody cutting door panels similar to what i had in mind. My 04 is currently under the knife for a drift build as well. I'm In Northern VA about 5 minutes from summit point Motorsports park!

Hood from a Rally i did in the past also signed by Vaughn Gittin Jr.

another 04 drift car thats awesome!! i better see you on the track down there! Summit Main is may FAVORITE track EVER! last year was the first 100 drifters ive missed in 5 years!

thanks for the props man it's always appreciated, im trying to be as detailed as possible so if you need pictures or anything just ask, id love to help the GTO population in drifting grow!

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
well its been 12 days since i updated and ive gotten some more stuff done. I installed ARP extended studs in the front and the rear, Blox Gold lugs, Bled brake system, installed front wheels, welded differential, Installed shane whalleys knuckles and custom tie rods, and had the roll cage done! i'd say thats a productive 12 days!

this is with the bumpstomps ground down a tiny bit not completely removed, ill be doing more modification to them after i drive the car this weekend.

those are the extended ARP studs in the front and rear with shane's knuckles

18x9 +25 Cosmis XT-005R wrapped in 235/40/18 Falken Azenis RT615K

this is just a pic of me making a huge mess of my interior before the roll cage fabrication haha

and these are pics of the roll cage sent to me on sunday.

The cage is done now and ill be picking it up today and putting some of the final touches on it to prep it for a big drift event this weekend (east coast bash). I'll hopefully have a better update a little later

·
NYC GOAT
1,066 Posts
fuccck yea, looks great !!

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
fuccck yea, looks great !!
thanks man! shes all done now i just have to align it and make sure the ebrake works and i'm ready to go! ill probably spend friday just touching up some little things and getting some stuff for the event.

thats the end result!

i also modified the factory oil pan skid guard, dont make fun of me because i cant cut a straight line but it works out well and i can change the oil now wihtout removing it, plus im a little guy so it now light enough to use one hand on it when changing the oil.

Here's the brake master heat shield that i made,

And now i have to get party supplies!

cant wait to drink almond milk and eat oranges with you guys!

·
NYC GOAT
1,066 Posts
dude,where are you hiding all your shit ?!? i know they search cars for beer at ecb

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
ive got a plan haha it may or may not work, it usually does though

41 - 60 of 136 Posts