LS1GTO.com Forums banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
05 Looks, 04 Slow
1,174 Posts
This is hawt. I'm not a drifter, and not really into drifting, but can appreciate a good build. I really like the color choice too

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Nice! Would love to see a video of you ripping it on track :gears:
I can upload one of my shakedown videos. all of my gopro footage is in car from my passenger so it's not the greatest. I'll do that when i get some free time as well.

This is hawt. I'm not a drifter, and not really into drifting, but can appreciate a good build. I really like the color choice too
thanks man! im a drag racer to the core but i tried this and fell in love with it almost a decade ago. this build is like 2-3 years in the making and i'm having a lot of fun with it!

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #123 (Edited)
So apparently you can't embed youtube on posts in here anymore, here's a link to my shakedown run at Englishtown, NJ.

https://youtu.be/BPqZ04ihOBw

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
That looks like a crazy amount of fun!

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #127

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
https://vimeo.com/221318693

Here's another video taken by a passenger. Still not my best runs but I'm finally starting to get very comfortable with this car.

Passengers were all up to safety standards and were properly waivered and insured to be on the track. Only certain drivers are allowed to have passengers as well and still only if their vehicle holds up to the safety standards for having a passenger (i.e. roll cage, fire suppression, SFI roll bar padding, SA2010+ helmets, etc.).

I can't figure out how to embed a vimeo post so the link will have to do. video was uploaded in 720p if you would like to bring the quality up.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Hey guys, Unfortunately I am putting this car up for sale today. If you have any more questions for me about this build or this car in particular, now is the time to ask.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys, Unfortunately I am putting this car up for sale today. If you have any more questions for me about this build or this car in particular, now is the time to ask.
Man that is a bummer. What's your reasoning for getting rid of it?

I've been sifting through this thread lately because I'd like to do an aggressive wheel setup and likely flare my Goat as well.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Man that is a bummer. What's your reasoning for getting rid of it?

I've been sifting through this thread lately because I'd like to do an aggressive wheel setup and likely flare my Goat as well.
Well, To be honest I don't have to get rid of it. Parting ways with it would be a wise move though because I have recently matriculated into a new school and I have no time or money for the car. Also, I've had to move back into my parents house so I can afford housing during school (Full time student plus clinical rotations at the hospital). That being said, my dad is not forcing the car out of the garage but he'd prefer to have it gone because they would like to move so they can escape the absurd property taxes around here. Though my parents would accomodate a move for my car, i dont want them to have to.

Like I said, I don't have to get rid of it. parting ways with it would be helpful to my parents who have been really good to me over the past 29 years plus I could use the money.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Did you end up selling the car or keeping it?
So I guess I never updated this thread and I should have because I ended up keeping the car.

I was very close to selling it though. I posted my ad on Craigslist and Facebook with multiple immediate responses. I had listed the car for 10k without the wheels and 11k with the wheels. I had two people making offers for the car sight unseen. Eventually I picked the buyer that seemed the most serious and he was supposed to come see it on a sunday. The saturday before I started to feel pretty bad guilt about selling it. I ended up calling the potential buyer and telling him i decided not to sell it. I believe this was around February.

I'm not sure if I had posted about the sentiment of this car to me but I'll give a quick recap:

In August of 2013 I was diagnosed with brain cancer. I had to go through chemo and radiation for an entire year after that. During that year of treatment I found myself really struggling with cabin fever. At this point in my life I had been drifting for 4 years. Around December of 2013 I decided that I wanted to part out my 240sx and try something new. The make the longer part of the story short, The GTO came into the picture and I built that car top to bottom while I was being treated. It was a really hard year but the GTO was my crutch.

Strangely enough when I tried to sell this car I felt massive guilt about it and I think that happened for a reason. A month after not selling it, I was diagnosed with a recurrence of my cancer and once again I've used the car as a crutch as well as a motorcycle I am now building.

So i guess to answer your question haha... no I still have her but now she needs a whole bunch of work.

·
The redheaded stepchild
664 Posts
So I guess I never updated this thread and I should have because I ended up keeping the car.

I was very close to selling it though. I posted my ad on Craigslist and Facebook with multiple immediate responses. I had listed the car for 10k without the wheels and 11k with the wheels. I had two people making offers for the car sight unseen. Eventually I picked the buyer that seemed the most serious and he was supposed to come see it on a sunday. The saturday before I started to feel pretty bad guilt about selling it. I ended up calling the potential buyer and telling him i decided not to sell it. I believe this was around February.

I'm not sure if I had posted about the sentiment of this car to me but I'll give a quick recap:

In August of 2013 I was diagnosed with brain cancer. I had to go through chemo and radiation for an entire year after that. During that year of treatment I found myself really struggling with cabin fever. At this point in my life I had been drifting for 4 years. Around December of 2013 I decided that I wanted to part out my 240sx and try something new. The make the longer part of the story short, The GTO came into the picture and I built that car top to bottom while I was being treated. It was a really hard year but the GTO was my crutch.

Strangely enough when I tried to sell this car I felt massive guilt about it and I think that happened for a reason. A month after not selling it, I was diagnosed with a recurrence of my cancer and once again I've used the car as a crutch as well as a motorcycle I am now building.

So i guess to answer your question haha... no I still have her but now she needs a whole bunch of work.
Well I'm glad you still have her and hope you find whatever you need to get that work done. Your story gives me a glimmer of hope to get my car closer to what I have planned for her. Priorities constantly change and life happens.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Well I'm glad you still have her and hope you find whatever you need to get that work done. Your story gives me a glimmer of hope to get my car closer to what I have planned for her. Priorities constantly change and life happens.
I'm about 3 months late on the reply to this but thanks man! I'm not sure what your plans were for your build but get 'er done!!!

·
The redheaded stepchild
664 Posts
Better late than never. I've finally started getting work done on the car. Blower, suspension, brakes, and just about everything in between. It's going to be ridiculous.

121 - 136 of 136 Posts
About this Discussion
135 Replies
29 Participants
Langdonious Rex
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing