LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Who wins?

• Mayweather

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • McGregor

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • They both make srs bank and we hear about a 45 second fight.

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Where am I?
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official, so who you got?

·
Administrator
9,414 Posts
I didn't read about it but what rules are they following? MMA or WBA? I'd bet on whatever fighter has a more native fighting style.

·
move the eff over
7,196 Posts
Yeah, it's a boxing match. Which gives Mayweather a decided edge I think.

But since I've never been in the ring or octagon wtf do I know ?

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
simultaneous haymaker rights result in boxing first simultaneous KO. case goes to the supreme court to determine whether it should be considered a tie or whether the first person to hit the mat should be counted the loser.

LR

no ear biting

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
I still can't believe people are "arguing" about who will win, all over social media.

Mayweather should walk away with this. If Conor catches him though, I wouldn't be shocked*.

People are forgetting: Conor wants to get paid. Win or Lose the fight... he's retiring.

If Conor was also undefeated... I'd have more interest in the fight.

Mayweather by Unanimous Decision.

*Maybe if I was betting on the fight. :lol:

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Better boxer.

"Smarter" fighter.

If the rules for the fight favored MMA, then the favoritism would be completely reversed.

·
Duck and Cover
473 Posts
Generally speaking I think the boxer in these kinds of exhibitions should win easily because of their ability to take repeated punishment. I don't think many of these MMA guys have ever taken too many punches to the body either.

I remember a fight many years ago on Wide World of Sports where they hooked up the world champion kickboxer[what they called it back then] against a 4 round pre-lim boxer who had a maybe .500 record. The kickboxer was allowed to use all his skills whereas the boxer could only fight the traditional way. It took a round or two for the boxer to figure out how to maneuver against the kboxer. Finally he cornered him and after a few body shots it was all over. The guy went down like dead on his feet. Total mismatch, punch-wise.

The modern guys are a lot better at mixing boxing in with the kicking, and are a lot tougher, so what do I know/

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Kickboxing is a fighting style. Not "what it was called back then". Unless, of course, you meant... that the sport of Kickboxing has changed, in which case I have no idea. I only see it when they show highlights on various sports networks.

Mixed Martial Arts incorporates many fighting styles. Hence "mixed".

James Toney fought Randy Couture, years ago. Randy did what everyone knew he'd do. He took Toney to the ground, and wore him out. But we all also knew... that if Toney caught Couture once, it'd probably be all over.

Exactly why I hate this type of fight. It doesn't really prove anything.

Conor's saving grace: The weight class*. Apparently, he only has to come down a bit, and Mayweather has to go up. If Conor lands a punch, it'll definitely have more behind it. And if Mayweather isn't used to fighting for 12 rounds with a bit of extra added weight, he could possibly get tired.

*This is just what I was told. I can't find any articles on it, and it's pissing me off.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Well... another case of BJJ vs Boxing... in an MMA setting.

Not the case, in the upcoming fight. Conor faces a hefty lawsuit if he even thinks about kicking Mayweather. :gr_jest:

·
Where am I?
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I suspect Connor will get his ass kicked, but seeing as he signed on for strictly boxing rules, he probably knows that. Who cares when it's a retirement level payday.

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
The pro boxer versus the pro not-boxer? Specialization beats non-specialization.

·
HGH Optimist
8,011 Posts
Who cares when it's a retirement level payday.
Exactly why "Who is gonna win?" is a round-and-round discussion.

I do know this... if Conor wins... I will forever hate myself for not putting money down.

Opening odds, yesterday: +550

·
Not a Mustank Douche
10,046 Posts
I have exactly zero interest in this...this just screams a money grab. meh

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
This ^^^^

·
Not a Mustank Douche
10,046 Posts