Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
sounds great.
what was the final time?
can anyone estimate what that would be in terms of 1/4mile. or atleast give me some stock 1/8 mile times to compare it too. im just used to speaking in terms of 1/4mile

·
Registered
118 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
sounds great.
what was the final time?
can anyone estimate what that would be in terms of 1/4mile. or atleast give me some stock 1/8 mile times to compare it too. im just used to speaking in terms of 1/4mile
Sounded like the announcer said 8.29 @ 85mph! Bclark just posted his all stock M6 1/8 mile time of 9.0 @ 80mph!!!!

-JB

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Nice video. That Goat sounds awsome and looks good going down the strip. It would look even better smoking a Z06, Cobra, ect in the video!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nikivee said:
an [email protected] miles in the 1/8 would roughly translate to around 13 flat in the 1/4 mile.
Yes the time was 8.2 @ 85 that pass the best mph was 86mph on 19 inch rims for the day, stock autos go 77 to 78mph from what we have seen in the 1/8. The car will go 7's in the 1/8 with the car stalled up and DR's on the back that short time was a 1.98 not that good. As we all should know different tracks will post different times due to altitude, humidity and a number of other factors so we will see what it does in the 1/8 and 1/4 in Texas, Padre is on a road trip with the car right now. We will have our 510 package 6 speed car at the ¼ track on Tuesday witch will naturally run more mph but most likey not as good of an ET on the same tires.

Regards
MDMC

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
I was pretty pleased with the runs - pretty consistent 8.2's at 86 (I posted this also in another thread). By my calculations, that would translate to a 12.7 at 106 (and I have hundreds of timeslips which all validate the typical 1.55xET and 1.24xMPH for 1/8th to 1/4) under the same conditions. I was also cutting 1.9 60's on street tires, which I was pleased with because my WRX under a full-stall AWD launch at 4100rpm could only do 1.8's.

But bench racing is bench racing :) . I hope to get to the the track Friday in Texas. I've been dodging hail all week - hopefully it'll clear up tomorrow. :) Wish me luck.

Padre

·
Registered
118 Posts
PadreGTO said:
I hope to get to the the track Friday in Texas. I've been dodging hail all week - hopefully it'll clear up tomorrow. :) Wish me luck.

Padre
Hey Padre,

Which track you going to here in Texas????

-JB

·
8,959 Posts
JBraider said:
Hey Padre,

Which track you going to here in Texas????

-JB
Looks like it'll be Alamo Dragway in San Antonio. (Ennis is closed for renovations).

Pray the weather holds. :)

Padre

·
Registered
118 Posts
Pray the weather holds. :)[/QUOTE said:
Doesn't look good brother!!!!!!

·
8,959 Posts
JBraider said:
Doesn't look good brother!!!!!!
Nope. It was a mess. :( So instead I'm half-way to El Paso. Best chance for more vids are at the autocross there on Sunday and the heads-up racing at the West Texas Airport that night. Definitely picked the wrong time for a vacation in West Texas, but no worries, the drive is fun. :)

Padre

1 - 14 of 14 Posts