LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Forum member Silvermoose got the first custom Modern Day Muscle Cars D-1 Procharged GTO AUTOMATIC. Here is the combo:

Stock engine
MDMC long tube headers
High flow exhaust with CATS in place
Custom D-1 Procharger kit
7 psi of boost
3,100 stall converter.

Stock the car made 283 RWHP and 339RWT
Now the car makes 465 RWHP and 497.8 RWT

We gained 182 RWHP and 158 RWT

Regards Modern Day Muscle Cars LLC.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
SWEET!! And that's an automatic too!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Impressive!! :thumbs:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Wow

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Did it turn out to be smog legal and did you get a C.A.R.B. number for the system?

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
phobos512 said:
That's a good one BGG.
I'm glad to see the torque numbers are staying up there. I've noticed most major mod's, like heads/cam, the torque numbers go up by don't stay ahaead of the hp numbers. Even the Magna Charger it seems the hp and torque numbers start to run even.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thats awesome! How much does it cost? :)

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Dear god, put that thing on the track and give us real world feedback!

BTW, post a dyno please! ;)

Better yet, video... I want to hear what a Procharger sounds like on a LS1 GTO.

·
The Anti Dyno Racer
473 Posts
CSiJason said:
Dear god, put that thing on the track and give us real world feedback!

BTW, post a dyno please! ;)

Better yet, video... I want to hear what a Procharger sounds like on a LS1 GTO.
I am in complete agreement, but if any of you have seen Optic's procharged C5 run this car shouldn't be a disappointment. I saw his car run at a tuner shootout earlier this year and it is quick....

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
I missed that, is their a link to a video of this C5?

While i'm asking, does it use the D-1 or D-1SC?

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
That's a lot of horseys for 7 LBS.
Sure would like to see a dyno sheet to see how much power is available on the lower end of the spectrum.
Two Questions:
How much, and is there an air/water option?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
CSiJason said:
I missed that, is their a link to a video of this C5?

While i'm asking, does it use the D-1 or D-1SC?
Here is the link to my Z06 it use a stock 346 LS1 but forged internals with a stock crank, it is a D-1 Procharger with a 6 rib setup and a 6 speed the car is full weight and I drive it to FL 550 miles often getting 23 mpg. It is the fastest stock cid single D-1, 6 speed vette in the nation running a 9.86 @ 142mph in 95 degree heat, here is the video it is in real format http://www.moderndaymusclecars.com/z450/9.8optic.rm

We also have the most RWHP right now of anyone in our new C6 corvette making 505 RWHP and 615 RWT

The dyno sheet for the Procharged GTO

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Wow, is it me or does that thing look real strong down low for a centrifugal supercharger? I wish my Vortech running 18psi made that much difference down low in my old car. Then again, what do I expect when my redline is 9000rpm.

·
The Anti Dyno Racer
473 Posts
He is also forgetting to mention that he won his class at the tuner shootout. ;) I think I was in the other lane for one of his runs and he blew past me like I was parked. :eek2:

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
hey opticzZ06 does MDMC plan on offering the procharger in a kit for retail sale?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GMH GTO said:
hey opticzZ06 does MDMC plan on offering the procharger in a kit for retail sale?
At this point we are sorry we do not sell the kit over the counter it is all custom and we will be keeping it that way as far as I know. We try to do all in house work so we keep the quality as high as we can.

Cheers
MDMC
OpticZ

1 - 17 of 17 Posts