LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
9 Second Club
14,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ritalin Version: He tried to cut me off from merging, couldn't do that and ut oh, the light caught us ;)

Details: Waste of gas. Me n Ethyl was out cruising near Tallulah Louisiana, looking for some chicks to give beads too, did I tell you Ethyl sort of likes that now? All you girls are welcome to flash us. Anyhow back to the story. We was MMOB and pulling back onto the Boulevard when out of the corner of my eye I saw it, a Japanese thingy. You know how you can tell when they accelerate? Front end lifts, dust blows out the a$$? Anyhow Ethyl said no and we stopped his cut off and flyby. Guess what the light changed and there we was, sitting at the red light. Ethyl snickered cause I forgot to holler out, don't look Ethyl. Anyhow, the light changed and he didn't seem to want to go from a dig, we figured he already knew how it was gonna come out so about halfway through first we nailed it and blasted through second. We even gave him his flyby at the end with a thumbs up and a way which he smiled and returned. Enjoy

Click here to see Ethyl at it again

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
LMAO... Japanese car.... GM made Cobalt SS.

·
Loves Lowjo
2,401 Posts
lol, I was going to say, it didn't look to jappish, but ya got a point.

No V8, it can't be real american?

·
9 Second Club
14,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
pinski said:
LMAO... Japanese car.... GM made Cobalt SS.
Key question is who gives a chit :) It was a ricer move to try to cut me off trying to merge, he moved from the center lane to the right lane when he saw me coming to it. The silly assed wing looked as ridiculous as the ones on Evos and STis. He did lighten up once he discovered the magazines were apparently erroneous in assessing GTOs. I don't think it could actually have beaten my wife's 6 cylinder Accord.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
wrp said:
Key question is who gives a chit :) It was a ricer move to try to cut me off trying to merge, he moved from the center lane to the right lane when he saw me coming to it. The silly assed wing looked as ridiculous as the ones on Evos and STis. He did lighten up once he discovered the magazines were apparently erroneous in assessing GTOs. I don't think it could actually have beaten my wife's 6 cylinder Accord.
yeah that is a ricer move.

what year is the accord?

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
I thought the Cobalt SS was faster than that...he was gone before you hit the next gear. Still funny. lol.

·
I mean it felt like a high 12
1,174 Posts
Cobalt's are relatively quick, but not compared to WRP's goat. They are more relatively quick compared to a Grand AM. Nice kill by the way. I have a young kid near my house that likes to try and lose everytime he sees me. His fly-by's are always shut down.

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
haha nice kill he deserved to get owned. I truly am a tad disappointed that you didnt say right off that it was a cobalt come on there Ethyl should be better at that stuff.

·
9 Second Club
14,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's an 06 Accord, sorry I got testy there. He was a good kid in the end, smiled, waved, thumbs up. I'll be honest with you guys I honestly didn't know what it was and could have studied the damned video all day without the cues. The huge wing looked a lot like some of the Acura's I've seen around, even the large hump on the back resembled a Civic Si. To me it just didn't have the lines of the Cobalts I am most familiar with and certainly had no SS stickers that I saw though he must have had every guage ever invented sticking on every post and accross the dash.

I go no real qualms with the ricers, cobalts, SRT4s, WRX, or Evo (sorry if I forgot your brand). Actually I think it is cool that the younger folks, and older ones too are advancing the technology. I also got to admit he only fell away about as fast as the 05 GTO did at the track so some of you guys better tighten your belt, the youngsters are gaining on us.

·
3,256 Posts
haha, I actually know this "young whipper snapper". He ran an 04 GTO a few weeks back and actually beat him on the 1/8 mile. He has a few mods done to the car and is actually one of the quicker Cobalt SS guys out there. Are you sure this was taken somewhere in LA? I think he's been in town (DFW) as far as I know for the past month. Good Kill nonetheless, good kid or not :D .

1 - 20 of 56 Posts