LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was a real nail biter.Me and my wife were on are why back home from eating mmob and a see this ss coming from behind meit looked bad.So i slowed up a little and let him got beside me.Then i rev a little he looked over and gave a laugh with alook like yeah rite. That made me mad I rolled down my window a said lets run when i did he hit way before me and pulled me car from 30 to about 50. I pulled back up beside him and said lets do it from 20 he did not even look over (the guy was a flat out prick).Well he slowed down we hit it at the same time from 20 till 60 we were even. Then i started pullen away like nobodys buisness at 100 a was ot in front off about 2 till 3 cars. We stop at the next light he wouldnt even look over. I was so happy and my leg would not even stop shakin. By the way he was an 6 speed with exhaust from what i can tell.Is this good for what i got 06 a4 corsa,diablo and k&n cai?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
From what I know, yeah, that's a good kill for you. My wife and I were on our way to dinner one night after I bought my GTO and a guy in a SS pulled up next to me on the freeway and goosed it at me. I laughed and asked my wife if I could show him how the GTO performs...she said "hell NO"! :eek: She doesn't like racing at all. I had to let him go on his way. Still waiting to run one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
wat kind of ss was it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, My wife did not seem to like running a little over a 100 through an 45. The guy was such an ass hole i had to show him up. it was an SS camaro.I would like to know what mods he had.

·
Registered
802 Posts
gto06ls2 said:
LOL, My wife did not seem to like running a little over a 100 through an 45. The guy was such an ass hole i had to show him up. it was an SS camaro.I would like to know what mods he had.
lol good kill, when asshats do that to me and the g/f is with me. she is like you better race that guy..... i look at her and:gears:

·
Slow LS2
974 Posts
BaadGoat2006 said:
lol good kill, when asshats do that to me and the g/f is with me. she is like you better race that guy..... i look at her and:gears:
She sounds like a keeper!!!:gears:

·
Registered
802 Posts
71 gto said:
+1, when i race my gf tells me i shouldnt drive like my dick is small.
then you should put it in her mouth and ask her how small it is......ok back to reality sorry..........:ftw:

·
So it goes.
6,899 Posts
Ha!

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Was it an LS1 SS?

I see the two cars being fairly even. All of the sudden you pulling 2-3 car lengths at 100 against a car with equal power, same powerband, but yet is lighter, isn't a matter of you having the superior car. Sounds to me more like he let off!

·
Linear.....not explosive.
1,258 Posts
My Sister has an 02 SS with a K&N intake and nothing else. Her car is quicker all around(not by much) but is noware as predictable as the GTO when driving 7/10's and above. By the numbers she takes me by 1/2 car lenght to sixty, I pull stronger until 90 then her SS will catch. Both cars M6. Obviously no contest in comfort and more important no contest in ease of driving quicker more closer to the limit.

·
Registered
694 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Was it an LS1 SS?

I see the two cars being fairly even. All of the sudden you pulling 2-3 car lengths at 100 against a car with equal power, same powerband, but yet is lighter, isn't a matter of you having the superior car. Sounds to me more like he let off!

Letting off, the camaro is an LS1 and the GTO is an LS2, i dont see the prob here.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
The GTO also weighs 300 pounds more, if it was an M6 F-Body, it has 3.42 gears, so gearing is a moot point and has a more efficient (I.E. less power robbing) solid rear axle!

The LS1 and LS2 are the same motor. The LS2 is only about 20 cubic inches bigger and actually uses LS6 243 casting heads. It has the same powerband/power curve, responds the same to modification, and once modded are pretty much neck and neck.

In a race, this isn't like watching The Fast and Furious where for drama each car surges, backs off, surges, etc for the camera. In a run where both evenly powered vehicles with the same power curve are going 100% WOT, when one hits 100 mph and falls off, it isn't indicative of a power loss or a power surge (unless the original poster isn't telling us of his 100 shot of nitrous that he just hit) by the other car.

It's more indicative that A) either the driver in the F-Body let off or B) something broke.

Quit magazine racing! They're all LSx architecture regardless of what number is placed after the "LS".

·
Registered
694 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
The GTO also weighs 300 pounds more, if it was an M6 F-Body, it has 3.42 gears, so gearing is a moot point and has a more efficient (I.E. less power robbing) solid rear axle!

The LS1 and LS2 are the same motor. The LS2 is only about 20 cubic inches bigger and actually uses LS6 243 casting heads. It has the same powerband/power curve, responds the same to modification, and once modded are pretty much neck and neck.

In a race, this isn't like watching The Fast and Furious where for drama each car surges, backs off, surges, etc for the camera. In a run where both evenly powered vehicles with the same power curve are going 100% WOT, when one hits 100 mph and falls off, it isn't indicative of a power loss or a power surge (unless the original poster isn't telling us of his 100 shot of nitrous that he just hit) by the other car.

It's more indicative that A) either the driver in the F-Body let off or B) something broke.

Quit magazine racing! They're all LSx architecture regardless of what number is placed after the "LS".
Your telling me that guy has a 400 horse motor from the factory in his camaro?

·
Pure Power
485 Posts

·
Resident workaholic
2,250 Posts
GMLIFER said:
Wow....just wow.

Give it to him Lane...please.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
GMLIFER said:
Most LS2's put 320 - 340'ish to the rear wheels. That sounds about right with 400 crank HP. 400 x 80% - 85% of that 400 getting to the rear wheels is 320 - 340. Most late ('01's and '02's) F-Body's with little LS1's put down 31x - 32x at the rears. There were also a couple freaks putting 325+ down at the rear wheels. Remember, the LS1's in F-Bods were highly underrated. So in reality, that's only 30 rwhp difference at most. Factor in 300 pounds less, M6, similar gearing, and all the sudden, things even out. Both pull equally as hard, both have the same power band, so they both accelerate at the same rate. In a WOT romp both would be door to door. 100 mph isn't a mystical switch on the F-Body where they fall apart! Matter of fact, I'd reckon most F-Body's actually pull harder as speeds increase. So if all the sudden an F-Body you've been racing where you've been door to door falls off 2 car lengths at triple digit speeds is not due to a lack of power! It's either the driver letting off or something breaking.

Our GTO's are great cars in their own right but simple physics be damned, an equally as powerful car with less weight and less drivetrain resistance is not just gonna fall off suddenly! But what do I know, I only have 120 or so timeslips from my Camaro laying around!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I think it would be a stretch to say most LS2s are dynoing at 320-340, most of the ones I have seen have been in the 340s to 350s

·
Registered
802 Posts
i hate to say tht i was paddled by a 02 ss when i first got my gto, but i puy a few miles on it and could get out on the same car ny about 1.5-2 cars. the only mod was 2500 miles and rp oil

·
Registered
694 Posts
Phantom05 said:
Wow....just wow.

Give it to him Lane...please.

People not alowed to ask questions around here? Sometimes a little more info is all a person needs. Lol, i still dont find it hard to believe the GTO pulled the SS though. Just my opinion, no real world facts to hold that up. Maybe the guy did lift, but if he did chances are he was getting beat anyway.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts