LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was bad for the Mach1, don't know about his mods, it was an 04 because of the badge, m5, stock wheels, maybe magnaflow CB because of the exhaust tips, definetely x pipe sound... driver on his 30's..

Picked on him, going back home from michigan yersterday afternoon, i saw the car when i was passing on the left lane and i decided to have to some fun with the GTO. i slowed down (until about 80mph) to be side by side with the guy, gave him a rev and was enough to let him know my intentions. he did the honking, and we both started pretty much about the same time... 3rd gear start from a 80mph roll is a blast with the cam.
i let of at 6000rpm in 4th gear with at least a bus lenght in front.
i waited for him, i wanted to go one more time :gears: , but he promptly denied the signal request,the look on his face was priceless....

I didn't have the 3rd to 4th gear problems i was having at the track, clutch fluid is very clear, i should be even trapping 2mph higher by now :turbonaug
i know the race wasn't fair, but i swear this was my first street encounter in 2-3 months, and he happened to pick the bait :gears:

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
east of where ??? :)
tell me more about this Mach1....
i would fear them at the 1/4 mile track (just few of them) with some weight removed and once they get suspension/drivetrain/tires dialed out. other than that N/A vs N/A, bring the fackers on..

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
BlueGoat06 said:
east of where ??? :)
tell me more about this Mach1....
east of you :) Come to the other side of Ohio and I'll try and talk him into coming to QCR.

mods that I can recall off the cuff:

x pipe, chipped, 4.10's, gutted trunk, nitrous

BlueGoat06 said:
i would fear them at the 1/4 mile track (just few of them) with some weight removed and once they get suspension/drivetrain/tires dialed out. other than that N/A vs N/A, bring the fackers on..
Off the bottle, 12.6's. On the bottle, 11.9's

·
A.K.A. YtownGoat24u
767 Posts
make it happen, ill be there(to watch), you mean quaker city right philly?

·
Torch Red Babe Magnet
411 Posts
phillysrt4 said:
east of you :) Come to the other side of Ohio and I'll try and talk him into coming to QCR.

A little farther east and I'd give it a shot. Philly, that car sounds familiar. Is it someone who posts on here?

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Impulsive05GTO said:
make it happen, ill be there(to watch), you mean quaker city right philly?
Yeppers! Granted the track is on the slow side but its still a fun place to run.

TRMach1 said:
A little farther east and I'd give it a shot. Philly, that car sounds familiar. Is it someone who posts on here?
Yeppers :)

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
phillysrt4 said:

is it a white Mach1??
i'll kick is azz N/A, he would rape me on the bottle. i'm doing small suspension changes, bushings/drag bags, and i'll run better tires in the rear. (currenlty using worned out nitto 245 dr's). i'm planning to install a small 100 shot to complete the combo.
i'm sure we would have time to race next year bottle vs bottle :drink:
for now, i'm done for the rest of this year.

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TRMach1 said:
i hope to meet you next year, we could probably meet half way somewhere.... make some videos, N/A vs N/A, Juice vs Juice. would be fun :gears:

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
BlueGoat06 said:
is it a white Mach1??
i'll kick is azz N/A, he would rape me on the bottle. i'm doing small suspension changes, bushings/drag bags, and i'll run better tires in the rear. (currenlty using worned out nitto 245 dr's). i'm planning to install a small 100 shot to complete the combo.
i'm sure we would have time to race next year bottle vs bottle :drink:
for now, i'm done for the rest of this year.
I dunno, about an ass kicking, but I think you might have a slight advantage n/a vs n/a. I think another good matchup would be me on pump gas vs you no bottle. From a dig it would be close.

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm sure he's cutting better 60's to run 12.6 n/a
check the slips in my sig, 12.4-12.5 with a 1.93-1.97 60'. what would i run with a 1.7-1.8 60' ?? :)

yep, it looks like you and me would be a good match up, are you close to toledo,OH ??

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
BlueGoat06 said:
i'm sure he's cutting better 60's to run 12.6 n/a
check the slips in my sig, 12.4-12.5 with a 1.93-1.97 60'. what would i run with a 1.7-1.8 60' ?? :)

yep, it looks like you and me would be a good match up, are you close to toledo,OH ??
I can be. :)

oh and dont count the mach out. his driving technique has improved since the 12.6, he just never made an n/a pass after getting nitrous because he was shooting for 11's

·
MMOB
1,287 Posts
Hey I think I know who you're talking about! My 12.6 was with a 1.8 60' if memory serves. I still have the stock axles so my 60' are nothing special. Good 60's = broken stock axles! I think we'd have a good N/A dig race, with advantage to you (blue goat06) everything else bieng equal. And good kill with the Mach you raced, stockish from a highway roll with you is a deathwish.

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cam99, your car is running pretty strong. i know of another Mach1 here in Ohio, i think close to cleveland that also runs on the spray, and is also white. if i remember he said he broke the engine on the juice but he was able to get a replacement. he's still spraying. we have talked about racing in another forum, but driving 3 hours to race is a little too much for both of us.

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
MMOB
1,287 Posts
BlueGoat06 said:
Cam99, your car is running pretty strong. i know of another Mach1 here in Ohio, i think close to cleveland that also runs on the spray, and is also white. if i remember he said he broke the engine on the juice but he was able to get a replacement. he's still spraying. we have talked about racing in another forum, but driving 3 hours to race is a little too much for both of us.

Is his name Craig? I know of a White Mach in Ohio that expired his motor, except I was pretty sure he had a procharger.

·
A.K.A. YtownGoat24u
767 Posts
yeah i know craig too, really cool guy, his car is going to be pretty stout in 07when it comes out...really a nice guy too...i got him to sit in the gto and he loved it, but he said his partner would kill him if he went out and got one, haha, hey i tried...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts