LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
NASA Instructor, MW/GL Region
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WAS SITTIN IN THE PARKING LOT OF THIS CARPET STORE TONIGHT WHEN A MARAUDER WENT BY, SLIPED IT INTO N AND REVED IT UP. BOY, HE'S CALLIN ME OUT I THOUGHT. :punch: FEEDIN TIME FOR THE GOAT. :) I SLIP IT INTO GEAR AND TOOK OFF TO CATCH HIM. I PULLED UP ALONG SIDE AND HE LOOKED THE GOAT OVER, WAVED AND NODDED HIS HEAD, SLAMED ON THE BRAKES, PULLED IN THE CENTER TURN LANE AND TURNED. WTF :banghead: IT'S AS THOUGH HE DIDN'T REALIZE WHAT THE GTO WAS, AND WHEN HE FOUND OUT, WAS TOO CHICKEN SH*T :banghead: ITS GETTING VERY BORING. NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY. :barf: EVEN RICERS, WHEN THEY PULL UP LOOK OVER AND SEE THAT ITS A GTO, WAVE AND THATS IT. LAST NIGHT A KID IN AND IROC SAID, AND I QUOTE "I DON'T WANT A PEICE OF THAT, NO WAY". :banghead: :banghead: THE GOAT IS GETTIN A REP.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Unless he had some serious mods, it would have been ugly. The Marauder is under-powered to be such a big car. I saw one @ the track running 16's.

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
It's getting so we can't find anyone who wants a butt kicking! :hail:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hey, let's face facts... The GTO is one quick machine out of the box!!!! It can Damn near kick a Vette... Any one want ta play?? Cos

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
I couldn't goad a 2004 Crossfire into playing on the I-5 south bound at the 118 either. He just looked over at me and moved to the right into the slow lanes. :gr_jest:

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Old Goat said:
The 'WORD' is getting out, and Goats are selling....just took a while. I may have to 'shave' the badges... :D
Leave the badges on. Otherwise you'll cause an accident! That's why there's "GTO" on my windshield so these morons on the freeway KNOW what they're lookin at! :hail: :hail:

·
Registered
61 Posts
kfrey1 said:
LAST NIGHT A KID IN AND IROC SAID, AND I QUOTE "I DON'T WANT A PEICE OF THAT, NO WAY". :banghead: :banghead: THE GOAT IS GETTIN A REP.
I don't know why. It's really not that fast. Most people only look at the hp numbers and 0-60 only to overlook the GTO's weight. Only few look at the 1/4 mile and trap speed. When first timers ask me what do I think of the car I tell them It's a heavy Vette made in Austrailia :patriot:

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Snow Goat said:
I don't know why. It's really not that fast. Most people only look at the hp numbers and 0-60 only to overlook the GTO's weight. Only few look at the 1/4 mile and trap speed. When first timers ask me what do I think of the car I tell them It's a heavy Vette made in Austrailia :patriot:
Guess it boils down to the new GTO is getting a reputation already. This is the stuff legends are made of! :hail:

·
NASA Instructor, MW/GL Region
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
redgtosamurai said:
Leave the badges on. Otherwise you'll cause an accident! That's why there's "GTO" on my windshield so these morons on the freeway KNOW what they're lookin at! :hail: :hail:
:gr_jest: :gr_jest:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Snow Goat... Thats right its only a heavy Vette... Its only gonna get faster... I'm with old Goat... Bring on the RA6....Cos

·
Registered
66 Posts
hey Old Goat
You ever heard of an evo 8 or sti? That car outperforms your gto in every category and for $30k. I guess the evo 8 and sti are not in your category because you have 2 doors compared to their 4 doors. I was just going on price. A 350Z isn't far behind you guys really only 2 door car competition you have for the 30k price range that is new.

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
COSMO GUY said:
Hey, let's face facts... The GTO is one quick machine out of the box!!!! It can Damn near kick a Vette... Any one want ta play?? Cos

Damn near kick a vette???

I wanna play...

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
Damn near kick a vette???

I wanna play...
This comment needs to be more specific. A C5 yes, your Z06, a big no.

·
Sea-Doo RXP 215 HP!!!
176 Posts
04srt4 said:
hey Old Goat
You ever heard of an evo 8 or sti? That car outperforms your gto in every category and for $30k. I guess the evo 8 and sti are not in your category because you have 2 doors compared to their 4 doors. I was just going on price. A 350Z isn't far behind you guys really only 2 door car competition you have for the 30k price range that is new.

Yeah but evo 8 and sti are rice so they dont count

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Very Quick Silver said:
Yeah but evo 8 and sti are rice so they dont count

:gr_jest: :gr_jest:

Not every performance area. Top end acceleration goes to the GTO...The EVO and STI are near equals to the GTO in the 1/4 also and a beyatch to launch properly to get those times...

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
04srt4 said:
hey Old Goat
First as said above, they are rice...lol Second they are uncomfortable soap box ricers, I mean racers... So yes they are in a different class. Third, the 350Z would get spanked by a GTO every step of the 1/4 mile and then far worse up top...

·
Registered
66 Posts
yes I know the 350z run high 13's. Have you been in those cars. My buddy has an evo and I like the seats not as cool as my seats. I don't find them uncomfortable and the evo and sti will spank a gto in every category except doors, hp, and cylinders. I guess if you figure half a second is close in the 1/4 mile. Yeah who races from 100 to whatever. Usually people race from a dig or 30 mph roll. The evo and sti have good speed under 100. Zero to 100 or 30-100 I will put money on a stock evo or sti winning above that then I would pick the gto. Launching awd is harder than launching rwd but it is easy with practice.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts