LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out over the weekend driving around with the wife on these curvy back roads in upstate N.Y. It was one of thos days where the sun peeks through the tree covered road going from light to dim. When all of a sudden I see the sleek long body of a 2003/04 grey squirrel. It shot right under my front tire....*SPLAT*....Not a nice KILL!!!!! :gr_jest:

ROK

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
:eek2:

I'm calling PETA on you!!!!!!!

:gr_jest:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Smoked that fool, hahha.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
ROKS ROCKET said:
When all of a sudden I see the sleek long body of a 2003/04 grey squirrel. It shot right under my front tire....*SPLAT*....Not a nice KILL!!!!! :gr_jest:
Reminds me of the famous Gary Larson "Far Side" cartoon: squirrels on the other side of the road waiting to congratulate their bud after he dashes in front of a car: "OK, Rusty, you're in the club."

Everytime I narrowly miss such a varmit, I think, "well, he's in the club." :gr_jest: Guess this poor fellow didn't make it. :(

Padre

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
I could go for some deep fried squirrel about now... mmmmmm

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Funny as hell! I had a squirrel run out in front of me leaving work this afternoon. I missed the little booger as I took the center lane to avoid him. :sneaky:

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
SQUIRREL KILLER!!! :D

Just kidding, however, I'm going to have to dispute your kill story! I mean, the squirrel may not have actually have been trying to "run" you! After all, squirrels are to be feared for their unbelievable power to weight ratio. :D

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
SQUIRREL KILLER!!! :D

Just kidding, however, I'm going to have to dispute your kill story! I mean, the squirrel may not have actually have been trying to "run" you! After all, squirrels are to be feared for their unbelievable power to weight ratio. :D
oh yeah I am glad you remembered to to dispute it........I mean no kill has ever gone undisputed..... :gr_jest:

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
When I lived in Ohio, I was driving my Toyota Tercel and in front of me while I was going about 60-65 mph out in the 2 lane backroads comes running a BADGER. There was no way I could have swerved to avoid him or I would slam into the opposite traffic. If I had braked, I would have been rear ended.

So good bye badger!

I must have dragged his carcass for a mile or so before all bits and pieces of him finally flew off the underbelly of my little 4 banger.

·
9,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
silver gto said:
Could you tell if the Grey Squirrel was STOCK or MODIFIED before you beat/squashed him?

SIlver GTO
Houston, TX
I think he was Modified because as I said, he was sleek looking. I think he had his ears lowered for better aerodynamics. (I say *he* because I could see some big "nuts" rolling around after the hit.).

ROK

ps, For Sale: one fresh squirrel tail, hardly used, one accident only, no missing fur. B/O

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Was it this furry animal?

ROKS ROCKET said:
I think he was Modified because as I said, he was sleek looking. I think he had his ears lowered for better aerodynamics. (I say *he* because I could see some big "nuts" rolling around after the hit.).

ROK

ps, For Sale: one fresh squirrel tail, hardly used, one accident only, no missing fur. B/O

·
9,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
desertgoat said:
YIKERS, thats a BIG ONE! And look at his nuts!! lol. If I hit that ol' boy, id be the messy one...lol

ROK :gr_jest::gr_jest::gr_jest:

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Si vis pacem, paro bellum
761 Posts
ROFLMAO!!!!! that was f-ing hilarious!!!
mike

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Looks like the Geico squirrels won't be doing any high-fives today.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
What ever happened to the good ol days! I want Coffee...BLACK!!! PLAIN!!!! Served in a coffee mug! Not a chilled coffee, crapafrapawrapapappachino.

COFFEE...BLACK!! Thank you!

Anyway DG, I'm surprised that the badger didn't stop your Tercel! :D

I've always subsribed to the theory that if it's the size of a dog or smaller, I'm just gonna risk it and hit it. The consequences of trying to "avoid" it aren't worth it's useless existence.

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts
Wait till you hit a bird going 110. ::SPLAT:: Feathers EVERYWHERE. Beak chipped the paint.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts