LS1GTO Forums banner

Messy,messy Kill

2K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  6704gto 
#1 ·
I was out over the weekend driving around with the wife on these curvy back roads in upstate N.Y. It was one of thos days where the sun peeks through the tree covered road going from light to dim. When all of a sudden I see the sleek long body of a 2003/04 grey squirrel. It shot right under my front tire....*SPLAT*....Not a nice KILL!!!!! :gr_jest:

ROK

#2 ·
#6 ·
ROKS ROCKET said:
When all of a sudden I see the sleek long body of a 2003/04 grey squirrel. It shot right under my front tire....*SPLAT*....Not a nice KILL!!!!! :gr_jest:
Reminds me of the famous Gary Larson "Far Side" cartoon: squirrels on the other side of the road waiting to congratulate their bud after he dashes in front of a car: "OK, Rusty, you're in the club."

Everytime I narrowly miss such a varmit, I think, "well, he's in the club." :gr_jest: Guess this poor fellow didn't make it. :(

Padre

#8 ·
Funny as hell! I had a squirrel run out in front of me leaving work this afternoon. I missed the little booger as I took the center lane to avoid him. :sneaky:

#9 ·
SQUIRREL KILLER!!! :D

Just kidding, however, I'm going to have to dispute your kill story! I mean, the squirrel may not have actually have been trying to "run" you! After all, squirrels are to be feared for their unbelievable power to weight ratio. :D

#10 ·
CMNTMXR57 said:
SQUIRREL KILLER!!! :D

Just kidding, however, I'm going to have to dispute your kill story! I mean, the squirrel may not have actually have been trying to "run" you! After all, squirrels are to be feared for their unbelievable power to weight ratio. :D
oh yeah I am glad you remembered to to dispute it........I mean no kill has ever gone undisputed..... :gr_jest:

#11 ·
When I lived in Ohio, I was driving my Toyota Tercel and in front of me while I was going about 60-65 mph out in the 2 lane backroads comes running a BADGER. There was no way I could have swerved to avoid him or I would slam into the opposite traffic. If I had braked, I would have been rear ended.

So good bye badger!

I must have dragged his carcass for a mile or so before all bits and pieces of him finally flew off the underbelly of my little 4 banger.

#12 ·
silver gto said:
Could you tell if the Grey Squirrel was STOCK or MODIFIED before you beat/squashed him?

SIlver GTO
Houston, TX
I think he was Modified because as I said, he was sleek looking. I think he had his ears lowered for better aerodynamics. (I say *he* because I could see some big "nuts" rolling around after the hit.).

ROK

ps, For Sale: one fresh squirrel tail, hardly used, one accident only, no missing fur. B/O

#13 ·
Was it this furry animal?

ROKS ROCKET said:
I think he was Modified because as I said, he was sleek looking. I think he had his ears lowered for better aerodynamics. (I say *he* because I could see some big "nuts" rolling around after the hit.).

ROK

ps, For Sale: one fresh squirrel tail, hardly used, one accident only, no missing fur. B/O

#15 ·
#16 ·
ROFLMAO!!!!! that was f-ing hilarious!!!
mike

#17 ·
Looks like the Geico squirrels won't be doing any high-fives today.

#18 ·
What ever happened to the good ol days! I want Coffee...BLACK!!! PLAIN!!!! Served in a coffee mug! Not a chilled coffee, crapafrapawrapapappachino.

COFFEE...BLACK!! Thank you!

Anyway DG, I'm surprised that the badger didn't stop your Tercel! :D

I've always subsribed to the theory that if it's the size of a dog or smaller, I'm just gonna risk it and hit it. The consequences of trying to "avoid" it aren't worth it's useless existence.

#19 ·
Wait till you hit a bird going 110. ::SPLAT:: Feathers EVERYWHERE. Beak chipped the paint.

#21 ·
Watch out , They don't forget their dead! :secret:

#22 ·
Dead Skunk

TSpeed said:
Watch out , They don't forget their dead! :secret:

I hit a skunk back in July going a lil over 60 in the GTO, hit the poor bastard dead on with the right front tire. Made a nice cla' clunk sound, and that was it. Tire smelled a bit like skunk for the next couple days so i didnt park in the garage.
I laughed when i hit it though, cause im crazy.

Lets just prey the GTO only takes out small road kill.

HAPPY HUNTING!!

#25 ·
CMNTMXR57 said:
I've always subsribed to the theory that if it's the size of a dog or smaller, I'm just gonna risk it and hit it. The consequences of trying to "avoid" it aren't worth it's useless existence.
you have been marked as wanted by PETA, I told them to put you on the watch list :gr_jest:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.