LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising with my girlfriend and her friend in the GTO on 896 north when I noticed these headlights starting to pace me. I was doing about 70. It was a previous generation Civic, but no fart cannon or anything. He just had a sticker in the rear window (not AEM, etc. Maybe a sponsor). He pulls into the lane beside me as we approach the redlight at 896 and 40. A BMW 325i pulls up, as well. The guy, maybe 17-18, was yapping on his cell phone, and I paid him no mind.
I look over at the guy in the Civic to see if he has a sideways cap or any other identifying stereotypes of "teh rice." Nothing. Just a regular guy my age.
He looks back at me, I guess assuming I wanted to race him, and he says, "I'm not racing you. I'm not stupid."
"Nah, man. I'm not really looking for a race. Just out having a good time," I replied.
"Yeah, me, too."
So we wait. The traffic on 40 crawls to a stop. The turning lanes are done turning. Finally, our light turns green. The Civic kind of crawls out, and I do the same, not paying any mind. My mindstate is in "cruise." Then he floors it, and I hear something unexpected: the spool of a turbo.
I nail it. The Goat roars to life as it pushes all three of us into our seats. He approach him quickly as I hear the hiss of his blow-off valve and the slight chirp of his front wheels. I pass him spinning tires on the 1-2 shift, and then stick it into 6th and shut her down. He stays behind me, and we keep cruising until I reach a gas station. I turn off, he beeps a friendly beep, I wave in return, and we part ways.

My girlfriend and her friend tell me that as I was passing him spinning tires, he watched me blow by with a face like this:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
MuhThugga said:
My girlfriend and her friend tell me that as I was passing him spinning tires, he watched me blow by with a face like this:
Im not surprised, I think most Civic owners give head.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
LOL, I've got a friend here (Andrew for you Tampa folks) that has a turbo'd civic. Right after he got the turbo installed he claimed to have beaten a GTO.

He has a bad case of trying to keep up with the Jones. APFU and I took him to Gainesville to watch the filming of pinks. We beat him up on the way there. Cruising at 90 in the goat is pretty easy, in a tached out civic apparently it wasn't much fun;) APFU took any visions of granduer away that he had during the trip up. Now the civic has a hole in the block and is awaiting repairs.

The funny part is he bought a new Cobalt SS and claims he can easily take out a WRX STI lol. Again he's a great guy just a little misguided. I'll keep working on him;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts