LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a suggestion on where to get new 6.0 LITRE badges for the fenders. I know GTOG8TA has the plastic ones, looking for aluminum or steel ones. Searching google and the forums didn't return much other than a few badges that were for 5.7.

·
Wol Gemut
3,235 Posts
from time to time a set of the legendary jamesbiz billet comes up for sale (Bohnman just sold a set in Parts For Sale) but when they do, rather expensive.

·
Premium Member
35,702 Posts
There was another company that made sets that were laser cut. My wife bought a pair for our anniversary once, but the quality was poor and we ended up sending them back. I have heard they had gotten better since.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Third shift studios, that was the name.
I ordered from them as well and it took so long and without any e-mail's back that I opened a dispute with Paypal and my credit card company. Within a few hours the owner reached out to me via text message assuring me that he had just finished them and that they were ready to ship..imagine that.

They were ok at best, small chipping on the edges though. Are they better than the plastic ones? In some ways yes, but not on price.

·
Machine04
552 Posts
Had the same experience as the two comments above. I reached out to a couple of emblem websites to see if they could do the fender emblem with "6.3" where the 5.7 is. They informed me that they didn't purchase the rights from GM to do it. So, i've been working with auto cad and blender to make my own.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could provide a company with a Catia or Unigraphics model of the badges since I use both. I've been reaching out to some outfits I found online that do custom badges. But so far havnt gotten any input back from them.

·
Wol Gemut
3,235 Posts
that is a good idea, Emblem Pros has done beautiful custom work for me, for excellent prices. If they were sent a model of this, I believe they would have an excellent result. They are GM licensed.

·
Premium Member
35,702 Posts
I ordered from them as well and it took so long and without any e-mail's back that I opened a dispute with Paypal and my credit card company. Within a few hours the owner reached out to me via text message assuring me that he had just finished them and that they were ready to ship..imagine that.

They were ok at best, small chipping on the edges though. Are they better than the plastic ones? In some ways yes, but not on price.
I see. Perhaps they haven't improved much.

The pair I got had black inserts that didn't seem to fit well. IIRC they were coming off of the emblem, too.

·
GR-RRR!
4,403 Posts
My original plastic ones still look new. I've got replacements waiting in a storage drawer somewhere if they ever begin to deteriorate. Even metal ones will begin to look like ass after a while.

·
Administrator
7,995 Posts
My original plastic ones still look new. I've got replacements waiting in a storage drawer somewhere if they ever begin to deteriorate. Even metal ones will begin to look like ass after a while.
Yeah the OEM ones will last. The ones on my 04 (which has sat outside since 2005) still look great.

That said, I love these billet ones on my 05. Pieces of ***elry.

Attachments

·
GR-RRR!
4,403 Posts
Yeah the OEM ones will last. The ones on my 04 (which has sat outside since 2005) still look great.

Those are pretty. Jamesbiz?

·
Administrator
7,995 Posts
Yup. One of my favorite subtle mods I’ve done to that car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Looks great. Metal just looks so much better than the plastic. That's what I'm wanting, would love to have it with the black around the GTO being red. Can't seem to find a place to do it. Found once place online but they don't have the GM licensing.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Would anyone here be willing to make the time if we had a group-buy for them?

·
Wol Gemut
3,235 Posts
I actually contacted Billet Technologies, I believe it was, who also made the jamesbiz arrowheads, i wanted to buy an entire batch of them, and own the selling of them. they were very courteous and friendly, sounded promising, but after a couple attempts, I gave up. They are apparently so busy, not interested. I already have the side badge and the arrowheads, would be in for an additional set of each, if someone can persuade BT to make them for a group buy.

·
Administrator
7,995 Posts
I actually contacted Billet Technologies, I believe it was, who also made the jamesbiz arrowheads, i wanted to buy an entire batch of them, and own the selling of them. they were very courteous and friendly, sounded promising, but after a couple attempts, I gave up. They are apparently so busy, not interested. I already have the side badge and the arrowheads, would be in for an additional set of each, if someone can persuade BT to make them for a group buy.
They made all of the billet parts sold by jamesbiz. He was only ever a reseller.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts