LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought Michelin tires from 4WheelOnline and I highly recommend this store because aside from the discount that they gave me, their customer service is superb. They will assist you until you find the perfect accessory or parts for your car.

·
Seriously?
1,627 Posts
I am most likely going with some Pilot Sports as the next replacements for mine.

·
Registered
2006 GTO M6 Flowmaster Axle back and K&N CAI
20 Posts
I'm still on the tires that came from the dealer. Thanks for the pilot sport idea

·
Seriously?
1,627 Posts
I am still on my 2005 tires that I bought when I bought the factory 18" back then. No dry rot or any other issues but they are old. Hopefully they will make the "to do" list this summer.

I have read lots of good reviews on the Michelin Pilot Sports and for what I want, they fit the bill.

·
Is that FWD?
1,163 Posts
Do you know if I could fit 245s on without rubbing or mods?
I have had 3 sets of Michelin tires and none of them rubbed with 245 on stock suspension. Now running 245/35/19 in front and 275/30/19 in rear. Running PS 4S, best summer tire I have ever had.

·
Seriously?
1,627 Posts
Same here... been running 245/40-18s all around since 2005 with no issues. There was slight strut rub with the stock 17" tires, so when I had the 18s put on, I had the alignment done and that took care of the rub. Keep in mind too that not all 245 wide tires are created equal. Some particular tires tend to run more narrow than others. The rear will be fine no matter what... it is the front you need to watch with strut clearance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts