1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
I like turtle wax's green micro fiber towel, its in a sealed package unlike alot of thoes ones you get in a bundle that are just rubber banded together basically who knows what they touched.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
GMH GTO said:
I like turtle wax's green micro fiber towel, its in a sealed package unlike alot of thoes ones you get in a bundle that are just rubber banded together basically who knows what they touched.
Every towel advertised as a "micro-fiber" towel at my local Autozone is sealed in a baggie...and so are the majority of the cotton terry ones. My experience is, you get lint with any of them so there's no point in spending the money on fancy microfiber ones. I've never had a problem.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THanks guys, just what I needed to know. I wasn't sure if it was like the Egyptian cotton vs. Others.

Jag

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
jaguarcult said:
THanks guys, just what I needed to know. I wasn't sure if it was like the Egyptian cotton vs. Others.

Jag
"What about these?"
"Turkish cotton from Ann-tee-ock. Like butter."
"I'll take 62."
"Oh!"

·
GTO doctor
892 Posts
Try the towels from Griot's garage. I've had mine for a couple of years, and just purchased their new towels for glass. Awesome products. www.griotsgarage.com

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doh, I completely forgot about Griots. Thanks Doc.

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
jaguarcult said:
K, the Goat is not even a week in my possesion and I've Z'd it twice. I'm still using my old standby Fieldcrest cut up towels, but I've heard good stuff about Microfibre towels.

Who makes the best?

http://www.microfiberplus.com/

http://uncommonscents.com/aquistowels.html

http://www.topoftheline.com/micmirtow.html

http://www.eagleone.com/_products/6,E-1148.asp

I couldn't fid the Eagles in town so I bought a set from Bed Bath and Beyond for 10 bucks.

Thanks for your help

Jag
We have EXCELLENT premium quality micro fiber Glass Cleaning towel, Wax Towel, and a New drying towel. PREMIUM quality. The glass and wax towels are $4.95 each with $3.95 shipping or you can get 3 for $12 (and you can mix by buying 1 glass and 2 wax or vice versa) with $3.95 shipping. The drying towel is a much larger towel and is $9.95. These towels are washable and made for long use. The wax towel was specifically designed for use with our premium single step Wax.

Thanks,

Alan

If these weren't awesome, we wouldn't sell them.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
jaguarcult said:
After trial and error and trying a bunch of different towels, I found the perfect one. It's called Microtex and it's made by Calderon Textiles. Out of all the auto stores I searched, I found these in Wally World (wal-mart). They come in two sizes, A large "bath" size or small 5 pack "face" size towel. NO LINT!!!!!!!!!
And let me tell you, Black has to be the hardest color to keep clean. I'm one of thos guys that doesn't think the car is ever clean enough. I'm going to end up cleaning the paint right off of the car....lol....I'm sure there are a lot of you out there that think that way too.

ROK

http://community-2.webtv.net/MRROK/ROKSROCKET04GTO/

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
jaguarcult said:
jaguarcult said:
After trial and error and trying a bunch of different towels, I found the perfect one. It's called Microtex and it's made by Calderon Textiles. Out of all the auto stores I searched, I found these in Wally World (wal-mart). They come in two sizes, A large "bath" size or small 5 pack "face" size towel. NO LINT!!!!!!!!!
And let me tell you, Black has to be the hardest color to keep clean. I'm one of thos guys that doesn't think the car is ever clean enough. I'm going to end up cleaning the paint right off of the car....lol....I'm sure there are a lot of you out there that think that way too.

ROK

http://community-2.webtv.net/MRROK/ROKSROCKET04GTO/

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For now I just went to Pepboys and picked up a buffing microfibre set, a glass set and a microfibre wash spounge. I'll have to checkout what CAR MS has since they are coming out with our GTO badges.

Thanks again

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
CAR Motorsports said:
We have EXCELLENT premium quality micro fiber Glass Cleaning towel, Wax Towel, and a New drying towel. PREMIUM quality. The glass and wax towels are $4.95 each with $3.95 shipping or you can get 3 for $12 (and you can mix by buying 1 glass and 2 wax or vice versa) with $3.95 shipping. The drying towel is a much larger towel and is $9.95. These towels are washable and made for long use. The wax towel was specifically designed for use with our premium single step Wax.

Thanks,

Alan

If these weren't awesome, we wouldn't sell them.
Alan,

How exactly are you supposed to "wash" these things to renew them? Everytime I've ever tried to wash a towel for car cleaning, they always end up feeling hard and completely unlike the way the felt originally.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Go to Wal-Mart and back in the hardware section is a 3 pack of microfiber by Rubbermaid... two general purpose (geat for wash and wax removal) and one glass cloth. I *was* the engineer on that team prior to the last re-org and I can tell you that we researched the world for what we felt was the best manufacturer/converter of "micro fiber". The stuff we offer is techincally classified as "ultra microfiber" since it is split to a size of .17 denure... anything under 1.0 is considered micro. The Rubbermaid stuff you can buy at WM is a lighter weight than our commerical verison (42gr weight vs 54), but you won't notice a difference in performance. It also has a proprietary overlock stitch that is the best we found for the application. You need to keep three things in mind when dealing with MF... wash separately since it grabs all lint that it comes in contact with, NO bleach since it will break down the tiny strands and NO fabric softener since it clogs up the fibers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After two weeks and multiple washing / waxing cycles, both new cars have been washed at least 4 times ( the Goat maybe 8 ). I've waxed both the Goat and Accord twice with accelerated Z2. Basically I am still dumb founded at the basic quality difference between microfibre and the Field crest towels I had used. However, the differences I've noticed from the three sets I've purchased.

The set from Autozone so far is the best, the fibre looping is much denser and there is also a thick side and a thin side, very nice for wax buffing. The Autozone are my favorite so far. [ cost - $12 ] The set from Pep Boys are still better than a great cotton towel, but the fibre looping was not as dense nor as consistant as the set from Autozone. And 3rd, the Autozone MicroFibre washing sponge is the best thing since sliced bread. You must at least try one of these, washing is much easier and I don't have to make as many passes to get a better cleaning effect. I also don't have to use as much pressure to get the same or better results.

Ok, so I'm a little obsessive.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
If you want a totally lint-free experience, try buying some used diapers from a diaper service. They've been washed so many times, there's no lint left. Cheesecloth is nice too, if you're willing to pay the price.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
mistermike said:
try buying some used diapers
this just sounds nasty.... :wall: :sneaky:

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
goatee said:
Go to Wal-Mart and back in the hardware section is a 3 pack of microfiber by Rubbermaid... two general purpose (geat for wash and wax removal) and one glass cloth. I *was* the engineer on that team prior to the last re-org and I can tell you that we researched the world for what we felt was the best manufacturer/converter of "micro fiber". The stuff we offer is techincally classified as "ultra microfiber" since it is split to a size of .17 denure... anything under 1.0 is considered micro. The Rubbermaid stuff you can buy at WM is a lighter weight than our commerical verison (42gr weight vs 54), but you won't notice a difference in performance. It also has a proprietary overlock stitch that is the best we found for the application. You need to keep three things in mind when dealing with MF... wash separately since it grabs all lint that it comes in contact with, NO bleach since it will break down the tiny strands and NO fabric softener since it clogs up the fibers.
Yes, "Ultra Microfiber"....that is what we sell with our Optimum Car Wax. No bleach and no fabric softener is correct. Several folks on this list have been using our Wax with our Ultra Microfiber Towel and have order more...wax that is...the towel will last and last. The Optimum Car Wax was a top five item at the 2002 SEMA Show. Link to our Car Care below.

http://www.carmotorsports.com/car_care.htm

Rich

·
Registered
523 Posts
goatee said:
"... and NO fabric softener since it clogs up the fibers."

I recall reading somewhere that fabric softener also intensifies fabric wear. I keep asking my wife to cut that stuff out, but to no avail. As for clogging the fibers, maybe this explains why even really lush bath towels don't seem to absorb the water.

Is this stuff okay for most applications, or is it just another useless product? I don't mean to turn this Board into another "Ask Heloise," but the towels do have an automotive application.

:confused:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
this just sounds nasty.... :wall: :sneaky:
Well, they DO charge extra for the clean ones.

·
Registered
163 Posts
capra2d said:
"...
Is this stuff okay for most applications, or is it just another useless product? I don't mean to turn this Board into another "Ask Heloise," but the towels do have an automotive application.

:confused:
Don't know if you are referring to fabric softener or micro-fiber. I can only address the mf.... I use it for everything that needs cleaning. Of course, having the free-worlds supply of the stuff helps.... benefits from being the project engineer on the product line launch. "Hey, I need samples of......" Let me tell you, they can do some cool stuff with that material!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts