LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 354 Posts
13,889 Posts
Rear/mid engine version of the Vette has been kicked around since the 60s. Mid America in Effingham IL has the old one from the 60s with the engine that fires in reverse order sitting on the bare frame.

·
Pirate Spud
1,240 Posts
I hope this happens. I would like to see different corvettes. I know there was a rumor that it would become a subbrand like genesis to Hyundai but I don't know if that's needed.

Corvette Stingray- front engined GT car

Corvette Z06/7- front engined hopped up sports car

Corvette ZR1- mid engine supercar fighter.

·
Where am I?
1,028 Posts
I could get on board with calling it something besides Corvette.

First of lots of Corvette purists are going to be all butthurt over it getting the Corvette name.

Second it may be so expensive that it is really a Ford GT fighter, in which case a unique nameplate might be in order.

Two birds, one stone.

·
Fake bacon lover
10,446 Posts
JMO, but I think sales are more inline with the traditional Vette layout than creating a mid-engine variant. Not to mention the price increase for this new car. GM has to keep the basic Corvette layout if they want to move cars.

Now give it another name and tack on 30 grand.. ?

Sure,
- Mid Engine
- Light weight (is that possible?)
- Turbo Six
- Possible Hybrid
- Ect, ect..

But finding $$ to put it in the line up is going to be tough when you're asking for Porsche 911 money but selling a General Motors product.

Same story, new year.

13,889 Posts
I could get on board with calling it something besides Corvette.

First of lots of Corvette purists are going to be all butthurt over it getting the Corvette name.

Second it may be so expensive that it is really a Ford GT fighter, in which case a unique nameplate might be in order.

Two birds, one stone.
Zora?

·
Dick Ross
6,994 Posts
I know it's camouflaged, but that rear looks like ass

·
Murphy the RMGTO Mod Dog
3,401 Posts
If they ever came out with this car, GM will do the right thing and put it under the Cadillac label. You know since that is where all the rich people go for their GMs.

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,489 Posts
Please be a Cadillac.

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
I suspect this will be a Cadillac. They've got lots of cred in the sedan/coupe area and this could be the top of that line. Something that will just crush (or at least average with) things like the 911 Turbo. That previous offerig of a detuned Corvette in my opinion was a huge mistake and the public certainly did not take to it. This, in my opinion, would not cannibalize existing Vette sales and open a new market for this flagship. Bring it on.

Too bad they didn't crash it in the snow.

LR

·
Dick Ross
6,994 Posts
That'll be the day pigs fly lol

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,850 Posts
I'm not sure that Cadillac's current design language translates well to a mid-engined sports car.

75% chance GM pooches this shit in some way a la Northstar-V8-in-a-Corvette-with-a-super-heavy-hardtop-convertible crapfest.

1 - 20 of 354 Posts