LS1GTO.com Forums banner

321 - 340 of 362 Posts

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,093 Posts
Have fun obtaining a Ford GT.

I’d rather have one too- they’re simply worth more. Sell it, get a loaded (eventual Z06/ZR1) and buy a new house while we’re at it.

GT and Vette aren’t competitors. That things like a modern, American F40.
Need to allocate funds for the ensuing legal battle with Ford once you list it for sale.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,469 Posts
I was going more for the idea - provided I didn't pay for it - and I could have either as a wish. I would want the ford GT.

why

there won't be one on every other street corner in 2020 as I drive through town. I can't throw a rock and not get close to a c7vette around here. (there are 5 in our parking lot right now - that's only 300 car slots and it's half empty)

IE the ford would be more unique.

Eventually the vette model _____ will also perform close to the ford GT, sure it will. put more power to it - shave 600 lbs off (whatever it is) and they would be close. Hell its probably not that far off now other than acceleration.

·
Goat sold
841 Posts
I was going more for the idea - provided I didn't pay for it - and I could have either as a wish. I would want the ford GT.

why

there won't be one on every other street corner in 2020 as I drive through town. I can't throw a rock and not get close to a c7vette around here. (there are 5 in our parking lot right now - that's only 300 car slots and it's half empty)

IE the ford would be more unique.

Eventually the vette model _____ will also perform close to the ford GT, sure it will. put more power to it - shave 600 lbs off (whatever it is) and they would be close. Hell its probably not that far off now other than acceleration.
yeah... duh...

·
Porch Dick
20,213 Posts
When I think of or "IF" that one day I choose to spend an obscene amount of money on a play car that will sit in a garage most of the time, I keep circling around to a (used) 911.

*yeah, domestic things can be bought for cheaper and are waaaaay faster. But buy golly, I've always wanted a Porsche.
Same here.

Well, I'd drive the hell out of it, actually, but otherwise the same here.

·
NineInchNutswinger
3,237 Posts
This may run low 11’s at about 120mph:

·
Premium Member
36,094 Posts
This may run low 11’s at about 120mph:

11.3? I thought with all the technological dodads and 8 speed dual clutch magic transmission it would be a 10 second cah.

·
NineInchNutswinger
3,237 Posts
11.3? I thought with all the technological dodads and 8 speed dual clutch magic transmission it would be a 10 second cah.
Remember, this Vette is reasonably cheap so it’s for the poors. Can’t give them a 10 second car.

·
NineInchNutswinger
3,237 Posts

·
Goat sold
841 Posts

Sounds like the C8 is underrated which isn't too surprising given the acceleration numbers.

·
Fake bacon lover
10,509 Posts
FWIW, I'm already missing the C7 front engine layout.

C7Z with LS7 swap & manual (6 or 7 gears... not sure I care there) = perfect Vette

Of course I'm sure I'll grow to like the C8. The interior is getting mostly awesome reviews, something that Vettes struggle with. The understeer is disappoint, but reality is NONE of us will ever notice that.

·
Fake bacon lover
10,509 Posts
Wonder if that flat plane crank, 4 valve C8.R version + a few cubes for good measure, will end up being the C8 Z06.

6.2L 4V flat crank, N/A, revs to like 8,500 and makes north of 600+hp.

That'd be pretty forking cool.

Oh, and add MOAR areo and stupid sticky tyre, and if you dare, when you turn off all the nannies and put in RACE mode, let it turn in. At least as good as a 911 GT3.

321 - 340 of 362 Posts