341 - 354 of 354 Posts

·
Registered Offender
31,115 Posts
let me go buy a grip of lottery tickets and hope for the best now

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,938 Posts
Wonder if that flat plane crank, 4 valve C8.R version + a few cubes for good measure, will end up being the C8 Z06.

6.2L 4V flat crank, N/A, revs to like 8,500 and makes north of 600+hp.

That'd be pretty forking cool.

Oh, and add MOAR areo and stupid sticky tyre, and if you dare, when you turn off all the nannies and put in RACE mode, let it turn in. At least as good as a 911 GT3.
im guessing its going to be a 5.5l DOHC 12.5:1 that revs to 8500 and makes about 600 in the grand sport. the Z06 will get the twin turbo version with 11:1 compression 8000 rpm redline and 750hp. ZR1 will be something all together crazy and probably 800+ with front wheels powered by electricity.

·
15,892 Posts
The 'crazy' one will most likely be called Zora.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,456 Posts
yes hybrid driveline extreme edition with a front electric assister setup will be the ultimate whatever setup. Bet it won't have turbo's on it though. Now they need to run the LEMANS circuit with it against the Ford GT. Just to do so. . . .

I'm a touch surprised by the announcement of the flat plane 5.5L v8. and the OHV I guess all the work on the 3 and 4 valve pushrod just never merited out. which doesn't surprise me when all the 4 and 6 cylinder mills GM makes are DOHC setups.

I have to admit I'm glad they went this route.

·
Registered
73 Posts
im guessing its going to be a 5.5l DOHC 12.5:1 that revs to 8500 and makes about 600 in the grand sport. the Z06 will get the twin turbo version with 11:1 compression 8000 rpm redline and 750hp. ZR1 will be something all together crazy and probably 800+ with front wheels powered by electricity.
This is probably right. Sadly, this is likely also the end of Z06's under six figures. Well, they'll make it $99,995 to say it's under $100k, lol. Hopefully I'm wrong, but probably not too far off.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,456 Posts
if it performs on the track like I suspect it does - and you know they don't overheat after lap 2

Then it will be a hell of a car to beat in any category.

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,850 Posts
I doubt they'll increase the MSRP of the Z06 by that much. Perhaps a 5% bump from the current $82K. But the point is valid that (most of) you won't want the cheap, 1LZ version.

·
15,892 Posts
Didn't they increase base by 10%? Wouldn't surprise me if even more on z06.

Doubt there are any 'strippers' base, no options on the lots...they make their $ on options, or in chevy case packages.

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,850 Posts
Didn't they increase base by 10%? Wouldn't surprise me if even more on z06.

Doubt there are any 'strippers' base, no options on the lots...they make their $ on options, or in chevy case packages.
$3K. $57K to $60K.

341 - 354 of 354 Posts