LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
^ Now 2005 mbm
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For some reason, I was hesitant about getting the 06 tails for my 05 midnight blue gto for a while. After reading some threads and seeing some pics I was on the fence. After getting them and seeing them in person, I have to say it compliments my car very well. I love it and wish I hadn't waited so long. Gives the car a more aggressive/muslce look if you ask me. If you happen to read this, and considering the change -- Just go for it, you'll thank me later ;). The red wasn't bad, but I think black compliments the dark blue better.







 

·
rbtower2
Joined
·
48 Posts
Please Post Pics! I am looking at buying an 05 MBM and all I need are good pics to persuade me HHAHAHHA:judge:
 

·
New PB MPH - 127.54
Joined
·
2,376 Posts
I agree. I bought the 06 tails for my IBM and I think it completely changes the whole rear-end of the car. There was something about all that red of the 04/05 lights that I just didn't like.

And plus, with the 18s, to anybody that know anything about the goats, it appears to be a 2006.
 

·
Detailing Guru
Joined
·
249 Posts
I just swapped to '06 tails on mine and shaved the PONTIAC and 6.0 badges and it makes the rear end look much nicer, IMO. I was hesitant to do both, but I'm glad I did.
 

·
Owns 3 GTO's
Joined
·
16,515 Posts
Dark colored GTO's look soooo good with the 06' tails. I've got a set installed on my 04'.

 

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
Joined
·
1,605 Posts
I bought the '06 tails for mine, opened the box, and sold them days later. All a matter of opinion, but I *hate* the way they look on black GTOs, sorry Kurt. They make the "circles" stand out more, which makes the car look ricey. Every other stoopid car on the road has circle brake lights.

I'm sure you know what I think of the VS-SS tails however.... lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
MIAGTO said:
I bought the '06 tails for mine, opened the box, and sold them days later. All a matter of opinion, but I *hate* the way they look on black GTOs, sorry Kurt. They make the "circles" stand out more, which makes the car look ricey. Every other stoopid car on the road has circle brake lights.

I'm sure you know what I think of the VS-SS tails however.... lol
+1 on the vs-ss tails. My 06 tails are going out for those.
 

·
Yes, a bike rack on a GTO
Joined
·
674 Posts
blue_gto_70 said:
For some reason, I was hesitant about getting the 06 tails for my 05 midnight blue gto for a while. After reading some threads and seeing some pics I was on the fence. After getting them and seeing them in person, I have to say it compliments my car very well. I love it and wish I hadn't waited so long. Gives the car a more aggressive/muslce look if you ask me. If you happen to read this, and considering the change -- Just go for it, you'll thank me later ;). The red wasn't bad, but I think black compliments the dark blue better. I have pics but it wont let me post right now at work. I'll get them up tonight!
So listen, I have a 70 GTO and an 05 MBM with 06 tails. Now just add some VZ wheels and you'll really start freaking me out man.
 

·
^ Now 2005 mbm
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry for the delay guys, pics are up. Hope you enjoy them. Of course I think it looks better in person-like most pics.
 

·
Detailing Guru
Joined
·
249 Posts
Looks real nice...I love the way they look on my car. Now I just need some factory 18's.... and LT's.... and a dyno tune... *sigh*

I must say it looks even better back there since I shaved the PONTIAC and 6.0 badges. It was gettin' a little too busy but I like it much better now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Very nice. I gotta get the lower part of my bumper painted MBM someday. That looks so much better than the gray!
 

·
The ORIGINAL Robofuzz
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
AggieGTO said:
Very nice. I gotta get the lower part of my bumper painted MBM someday. That looks so much better than the gray!
Here's mine with the CV8-R tails and painted rear insert.
 

·
^ Now 2005 mbm
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Robofuzz said:
Here's mine with the CV8-R tails and painted rear insert.

Hey Robofuzz, Looks good! I see you have tint done. Any more pics? I have an appointment friday to get my GTO tinted. Not sure If i'm going 35% or 20% yet. ANy recommendations on what looks good on mbm? Let me know if you get a chance. Thanks.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top