LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,894 Posts
either he's having a very good year or problems in the mortgage market.
well I can pretty much guarantee the answer to this question

·
Gimp Fo Lyfe!
10,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sold his interest to his partner. Surprised he raced at all this year. Since he owns LendAmerica, either he's having a very good year or problems in the mortgage market.
After seeing that he owns LendAmerica I figured he's trying to keep that business afloat.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Mike Ashley say he needs to concentrate on Lend America , he will most definately be back in racing. Supposedly the Pro Mod team is staying together.
He was sponsored by and friends with Torco/Evan Knoll and with the legal problems and Enron type crap Torco will be going through maybe Ashley is distancing himself from that.

·
Gimp Fo Lyfe!
10,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He was sponsored by and friends with Torco/Evan Knoll and with the legal problems and Enron type crap Torco will be going through maybe Ashley is distancing himself from that.
Rut roh.

·
Super Moderator
4,243 Posts
Just a couple things about Mike. By all reports Lend America is doing well and expanding. Not saying these aren't difficult times for any mortgage company but nothing leads me to believe he's being untruthful. If you want to understand why Mike's hanging up the F/C career, I think you need to read his last blog entry:

http://blogs.nhra.com/nhrablogs.asp?blog=ashley

Mike Ashley said:
After Eric [Medlen], Scott [Kalitta] and even John [Force] had their accidents (GD bless them) my wife, kids, mom and dad have had to live with fear to support my passion. My mother was at the race at Englishtown and was hysterical. That sealed the deal for me.
Mike's climbed the mountain. He won Indy last year. That's as big as it gets. I can't imagine climbing into a funny car after watching your friend and competitor lose his life the day before. It has to take a toll on Mike and his family. I wish him well in his future endeavors and hope to see him running Pro Mod next year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts