LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale is a mildly ported LS2 throttle body. I bought this used in 2012 from another member here. He reported that it was ported by Complete Street Performance. I call the porting "mild" since the lip at the bottom front of the throttle body housing is not entirely removed, just reduced in size and blended into the shape of the opening. When I installed it I noticed an improvement in off idle throttle response. I'm not entirely certain, but I'd say it has been on my car for roughly 15k miles. No idea how many miles it had on it when I got it.

$320 shipped in the CONUSA.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Interesting what you hear from different people, from different walks of life. A friend (not me) attended an LS seminar and he said the presenter specifically stated that there is no advantage to port the TBs. I do not know the credentials, or lack thereof, of the presenter. I've heard lots of pro's and lots of No's for the TB porting. Just sayin', its interesting.

·
USAF RET
751 Posts
The only reason I upgraded to the NW 102 is due to my throttle position sensor failing in my ported TB. On the manifold side of the TB, there is a steep ridge that is smoothed out during porting. This smothes airflow into the intake manifold and as we all know it's not about how much air, but how well the air enters.

·
ಠ_ಠ
35,491 Posts
Interesting what you hear from different people, from different walks of life. A friend (not me) attended an LS seminar and he said the presenter specifically stated that there is no advantage to port the TBs. I do not know the credentials, or lack thereof, of the presenter. I've heard lots of pro's and lots of No's for the TB porting. Just sayin', its interesting.
i've seen dynos on ls1tech showing up to 10 hp or more. those could be partially the tune, or there could be some difference that shows up while porting the older style LS1 76mm throttle bodies that doesn't really affect the the DBW 90mm.

all the same, for the ease, why not do it? i wouldn't pay to have it done when you can do it in a garage for free with the right tools.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts