LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my cluster back from a great company in Georgia that do ecm, cluster, bcm, etc. repairs and programming. Fast, correctly done and awesome prices!

·
powerplantmech
239 Posts
Please share more info.

·
powerplantmech
239 Posts
I need the name of the company and the website or phone #. Any other info you have like prices etc would be great.

·
Administrator
8,916 Posts
I’d like to know how they changed the mileage. Besides being told years ago by GM that the mileage on GTO clusters can only be programmed once, I’m also curious as to legal ramifications of some independent shop doing this.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
I’d like to know how they changed the mileage. Besides being told years ago by GM that the mileage on GTO clusters can only be programmed once, I’m also curious as to legal ramifications of some independent shop doing this.
Guy on fb does it also

·
GR-RRR!
6,799 Posts
Also, isn't the mileage also stored in the BCM and if it sees a different mileage between the cluster and the BCM a flag is set in the computer memory? Of course, who would see the flag until you plug it into a Tech II at a dealership, but then there is the whole legal issue.

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,824 Posts
I wanted to see if they had a disclaimer on their site. But I found it in my history.
And they don't.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My previous 06 GTO had the mileage lcd going out. I ended up buying a bran new unit off ebay. Then sent it off to Bohman to have him do the color changes and such to make the lcds screens red vs that boring stock green. Once I received the cluster back I took it to a GM dealership who had told me they could program the new cluster. Showed up and they were unable to do so after trying all afternoon. The tech also told me the mileage on these cars is not stored in the BCM or whatever. Merely in the clusters! Which if so is concerning to say the least.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts