LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno what it is with me, i dunno if I wasn't paying well enough attention, I was getting better and better at the drag strip finally got the launch down by the 4th pass ran a 2.20 60' only to MISS A SHIFT, so PO'ed I called it a day. Never miss a shift on the road only, occasionally at the racetrack :rolleyes:

I'm thinkig of leaving this M6 stock and purchasing a auto GTO get 3800TC 3.91 gears etc.

What do you guys think of your M6 or auto GTO for 1/4 mile?

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
If it was easy i would trade you my A4 for your M6 lol infact i wish lol :D

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
04bluegto said:
Your going to trade yours in for an auto a 04 or 05?
The blue GTO my dad initally didn't think much of he is basicaly now claming as his, he likes it so much even though I paid larger % for it :rolleyes: I wanna purchase an 04 Auto GTO this fall when hopefully I can get a rebate and GMS price, I think you can already get 0%. 6 speed is great but like a good friend already told me auto trans is best for drag racing.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
I love my auto and after installing the DiabloSport Predator tuner, the car is amazing. My friend owns an Impulse Blue/M6, and drove mine for the first time the other day. He stated my auto feels much faster than his M6. Auto tranny is generally more consistent at the track for time/speed versus the standard tranny.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i'd purchase or build a 4L60 put in the 4L65 5 gear planetary 3800 stall either keep the oe diff and put in 4.10 gears and KAAZ LSD or put in the Harrop diff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts